Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm Gian from Modena, Italy. I live in the Motor Valley. Since '80's I was very fond with supercars. I have 2 Breguet Clocks made for Diablo 1991's model. I've use them as table clock. I think that's they should stay in a Lambo's desk, isn't it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi
I'm Gian from Modena, Italy. I live in the Motor Valley. Since '80's I was very fond with supercars. I have 2 Breguet Clocks made for Diablo 1991's model. I've use them as table clock. I think that's they should stay in a Lambo's desk, isn't it?
Hi Gian,
Casn you share some photos?
All the best,
Leo

·
Registered
306 Posts
These clocks are fantastic.
I have read some history on these dash clocks and desk housing, including that the clock was one of the few options for a Diablo.
My memory may be clouded, but I believe the number on the base of the clock corresponds to a Diablo chassis number (eg 12133 in Gian sample photo).

In that regard, if that chassis is destroyed, yes I would keep them as a desk clock.
The clocks are beautiful.
If not destroyed, if I owned that chassis number, I would desire the proper clock.
And yes, I recall those clocks have some strong value Gian; FWIW if you decide to sell.

Thanks for the photos and memories.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live very close to the core of supercar valley (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, Maserati, Pagani and the new comer Ares), plus my family own a watch shop since 1940 so it's usual to be in touch with these memorabilia. Consider thtat many years ago we bought from one of his collaborator a pocket watch of Ing.Enzo Ferrari.

The other n. is 12486. As I said in the first post I use them as clock desk. Sure it's a waste. If I find someone who appreciate them I could consider to sell them..

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,315 Posts
Thank you for sharing this, Gian, I have never seen one. I understand they were an original upgrade from the factory for some thing on the order of US$10,000!? That they have the original Vin number on them makes them valuable I suppose to those two cars’ owners.

these clocks are set in a square box but my Diablo has a circular clock in the center tunnel panel as all of ours do. Does anyone know how these would be set in the car?

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
238 Posts
Thank you for sharing this, Gian, I have never seen one. I understand they were an original upgrade from the factory for some thing on the order of US$10,000!? That they have the original Vin number on them makes them valuable I suppose to those two cars’ owners.

these clocks are set in a square box but my Diablo has a circular clock in the center tunnel panel as all of ours do. Does anyone know how these would be set in the car?
Got these images off of eBay. Looks like there's a bezel around the clock itself. I assume there's a cutout in the center console where this would sit.
s-l1600.jpeg
s-l16001.jpeg
s-l16002.jpeg

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
238 Posts
Strikes me visually as that clock does not really go with the car.
It doesn't at all. An analog clock with Roman numerals mixed in with the digital (albeit primitive) center console is completely out of place. And a $10k option back in the 90's. I wonder how many owners actually checked that off on the build sheet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I agree, but that's why the clock is really rare. I don't know how many Diablo were produced in 91-93 period, I know that the number of clocks is roughly 50. It's golden rule in collecting. Ugly=rare and rare=pricy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts