Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Gallardo STS with Giro disks, EBC Yellow and Castrol SRF Fluid. I track the car regularly. I have changed the master cylinder and booster. Still have spongy brakes and the car just does not stop as fast as my 2013 Gallardo ST (yes the race car and only 150lb difference in weight). It appears except for Brembo racing calipers and rotors the race car comes with everything else is the same. I have not yet upgraded to stainless brakes lines which I suspect may solve the problem but my ST race car does not have those. I am wondering where to get them and how much difference will they make. I have an event coming up and don't want to wait for them to come from Europe. I see on the DIY parts thread that Audi should be the same. My other question beside do they make much difference is do I buy them for a 2012 Audi and assume they will fit?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update the Super Trofeo does have stainless brake lines maybe that is the entire difference I am feeling with the spongy pedal. Still if anyone has comments about this please feel free. I did order the Audi R8 stainless brake line kit and I will update here after installation. I forgot to mention that the brakes go into what I would call an ice mode sometimes on a bumpy track and the car does not stop nearly creating a few off track events. In addition after further research I found there is a vacuum pump in the system which may have failed and I plan to check it soon, does anyone have experience with that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.