Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know where i can get seals and dust boots for the brake calipers on an '03 murcielago??

Lambo doesn't sell them and neither does Brembo!!

I removed and stripped all of the calipers for powder coating.

so now I start the search for a rebuild kit or at least a seal kit...

Brembo said that when they contract with an OEM to supply brake calipers, that it is always in the agreement that they (Brembo) will not sell parts for them... unfortunately the OEM usually doesn't offer them either...

stamped on the caliper is 3B07
Cast in the aluminum is 1 20.7678.00 and 1 20.7679.00

worst case I can reinstall the original seals, but i'd rather have new ones...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The only hope you have is to measure the piston diameters and then search through Porsche parts sources for matches. Porsche offered rebuild kits for a while but discontinued them. I have found kits through independent sources though.

It really isn't an issue to reuse these parts unless they were damaged during disassembly.

I do it fairly often.

·
Registered
85 Posts
TRUECHOICE Motorsport racing technology and equipment for grassroots to professional racers can get them for you, we buy them from these guys, you have to special order though.

BRE20.4872.46 Brembo, Dust Boot Piston 40mm (Front Caliper)
BRE05.2812.13 Bleeder screw
BRE05.1502.20 Bleeder screw cap
BRE20.4872.47 Brembo, Dust Boot Piston 42mm (Front Caliper)
BRE20.4872.48 Brembo, Dust Boot Piston 44mm
BRE05.5955.58 Brembo, Seal Piston 40mm (Front Caliper - 4 per caliper)
BRE05.5955.59 Brembo, Seal Piston 42mm
BRE05.5955.60 Brembo, Seal Piston 44mm

Always sold individually.

Tell Brembo i said NUTS!

Oh and if you ever need to rebuild the e-brake, pop down your friendly dodge dealer part # 5093311AA is a complete rebuild kit with everything $45.00 or so.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LIMEY, you are a god!!!! thank you!!!

how about the crossover pipe i damaged one trying to get it out.. also the little torx screws that hold the 4 steel brakets in. looks like they keep the brake pad ends from rubbing the caliper??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts