Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2011 Gallardo LP560-4 and looking to upgrade my stock front brakes for Girodiscs. But I'm struggling to find a good brake pad combination. What do you advice with the Girodiscs?

I drive street only, but very sporty. Pushing the car on mountain roads and the stock brakes start failing/fading. I'm not planning to do full track days, but maybe go for a few rounds (1 round nurburgring) in the future.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo project
54 Posts
Ferodo DS2500 pads are a good street/light track pad. For actual track use swap to an appropriate Ferodo track pad and back. I’d also run a quality brake fluid like Endless RF-650.

The biggest brake issue is lack of cooling so unless some kind of directing/ducting of air has been done the brakes will get hot and stay hot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Girodiscs are better then OEM yes... how much better, I need to see.

EBC yellows I had on my TT RS, was okay, but EBC on a lambo sounds weird. I think there can be a better match. Im looking into HAWK or Ferodo.

I will also change the Fluid for Castrol SRF or similar.

·
Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
283 Posts
You can always inform at Guus van Eijk or Louwman. Both have lots of experience in these kind of setups. Following with interest the experiences here. 😃

1 - 6 of 6 Posts