Lamborghini Talk banner

Brake light on dash blinked a couple times...

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  lqqky 
#1 ·
It has happened twice, both on left turns from an intersection. First time I did a wonderful left turn including some slight oversteer and I thought it was just a warning from the rear tires slipping, but the second time again it was a quick left turn but no loss of traction. It beeps, brake light blinks a couple times and it goes away. I researched and didn't find much, I did see others having the light permanently on, or how there could be a wire behind the gauges. I have an 08 by the way.

#3 ·
you are talking about the BRAKE warning light that is an icon right?

check brake fluid. it's probably low. use a flash light to check the reservoir as it is not very easy to gauge the level. if it is 2-3 years old, i would get that flushed instead of just topping it off.

if your light is a "brake wear" message, then your brake wear sensor is faulty. it is usually a wiring issue on the car side.

#5 ·
i don't think they bleed the brake when changing the clutcth. check ur level and you can usually tell how old the brake fluid is by looking at the color of it. clear and slight yellow is new. yellow needs to be changed. anything darker than yellow is overdue for sure.

#6 ·
While you're at it, check all your brake pads for wear. Low brake fluid is usually the result of pad wear (the pistons have to travel further to compensate for the thinner pads). Don't rely on the wear indicators built into the pads - they are not on all the pads (just one per wheel) and I've seen one of my front pads wear almost down to nothing while the other three on that same wheel were in good shape.

#8 ·
I've seen this same icon (with a beep as well). Need to flush my fluid apparently!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.