Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me what do the wires coming from the brake fluid reservoir connect to? There is a connector in the area that is not connected to anything but is a different connector. If it does indeed connect there, what wire goes to what?

My brake light has been coming on and I think this is the cause. Thought they were connected but after pulling them up, they were connected to nothing.....

20210321_173648.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the two wires (black and white) go straight to the brake reservoir. But they are not connected to anything.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i will look at my wiring diagrams when in shop next, do you have original amp in the frunk? could be the OEM for that...not sure just a guess. Not much else up there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, not the original amp. Just do not see any other wires in the vicinity that the wires from the brake reservoir could connect to. Brake light on all the time. And the pads are not worn.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i was speculating the pink wire loom was for the OEM amp, but not used by the amp currently in place. I will send you the wiring diagram bits in next day or so.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,315 Posts
Old South, I have my frunk tray open so it was easy for me to take a few photos. Here they are. The brake wires are clearly visible but I can zoom in if you need. The only two white connectors I saw were the washer fluid reservoir and the windshield wiper motor. That is not the connector that was OEM for any amp or music as that connector is a round pin style connection.

if you need more pics or want to chat with me on the phone or FaceTime I’m happy to do that.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The black and white wires on the brake fluid reservoir..... Where do they go? Into a harness or a connector? I will message you my number.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
the problem with the early cars is that i have not been able to find a wiring diagram, or even a Work Shop Manual. Apparently they exist, but i have not found a source to buy them. All the regular places just sell for the 94. if anyone knows a source or has a copy please let us know.

So its a bit of a crap shoot. on the 94 wiring diagram, the connectors off the brake fluid reservoir go right into the hardness without a connector. 89 is the brake fluid reservoir unit, with connectors to ground and the control panel "accessories function ECU".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sledge, DiabloClyde helped me figure it out. I wasn't looking close enough. The wires from the master cylinder are actually different wires that go straight into the harness. The black and white wire in the photo go to a non-existent light for the fronk. They come out of the same harness that the master cylinder wires go to. If all it does is brake fluid level, I just disconnected the brown wire at the gauge. I probably need the fluid level sensors. They go up and down when I take off the white cap, but something isn't right there.

And yes, it is a 1991 model.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
regarding that four-pin connector, i search the wiring diagrams high and low, nothing useful.

its either for the amp cross-over

or its for the brake pad wear sensors (which were never rolled out for the early cars).

on the early cars, there are many abandoned connectors as they waited for items to be implemented on later cars

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,315 Posts
Happy to help you OldSouth, and happy to be in any thread with Geno 😎

1 - 18 of 18 Posts