Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had issues with the Brake light on the dash of a pre LP murcielago staying on constantly. I know the brake switches are problematic on this car would this allow the light to stay on?? and if so wouldnt i not be able to move the car because it would sense brake? I can drive the car and i also checked the movement of the brake switch which seems to move as it should. But my question is does that switch regardless of the movement break inside to allow a miss reading. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank You

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could this be indicating brake wear sensors? The brakes seem to have alot left but maybe one got tripped

·
Registered
LP640
2,269 Posts
Bottom right warning light is pad wear. If the pads are newer, it could be damage to the wires or they might not be plugged in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even if the light is just in red and says BRAKE i thought there was a BRAKE WEAR light on these also? Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Excuse the ignorance since I'm not familiar with the warning lights, but if there are separate warnings for BRAKE and BRAKE WEAR, then could the stuck BRAKE warning you're seeing be referring to the parking brake being on while driving? Even if just a bit, and I am familiar that Murcie's use the "on but not up" style, so it'd be easy to miss I think.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea i thought that too possibly, but from the schematic of the hand brake i dont see that theres a sensor that warns of brake being on. The hand brake releases and you can tell its not on, and when it is on it holds well

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yea i thought that too possibly, but from the schematic of the hand brake i dont see that theres a sensor that warns of brake being on. The hand brake releases and you can tell its not on, and when it is on it holds well
06 Murci, the hand break will light up red dash brake light when on.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Might want to check your brake fluid level. Many cars share the same brake light for that purpose as well. I seem to remember the Murci does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts