Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just wanted to get your thoughts as I entertain the idea of trading in my LP570 for an SV at some point in the future. Looking at ideally within a year, maybe sooner if prices creep into my target range. Do you guys typically try to sell on your own, cosign with a dealer, or simply take a hit and trade it in towards something else you want so as not to deal with the hassle? I hear trying to sell a Lamborghini on the private market is a pain and I don't think I'm in the mood to do that. Also, do you work with dealers to watch for a particular spec you are after to become available or just scour the market yourself?

A little backstory, the LP570 was my first Lamborghini which I supercharged to keep relevant with the current crop of cars. It's been a blast and loving every minute of ownership, and I intended for this to be a keeper as I love the classic lines of this car. The only thing I told myself I would even consider replacing it with is a V12 Lambo, and in particular a special edition variant hence the SV. But just out of the blue I got the crazy idea to trade it in for a SV this week, and here I am.

Fortunately I have the luxury of time on my side as I can wait for the right deal as I have my LP570 to enjoy, and honestly I'm waiting for prices to drop in the $350k or less for a 5k mi +- 2k range 2016. I've been watching the other value thread and it sounds like later this summer/fall could be my timing but we shall see. Anyhow thanks for your feedback and ear :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,258 Posts
I usually just take the hit because I don't have the time or patients to screw with buyers. Tried it and it was nothing but a waste of time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Took the hit when I traded my 08 SuperG for my 15 Aventador Roadster; you also get the sales tax benefit when you trade in. no hassle, quick and easy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys, I just wanted to get your thoughts as I entertain the idea of trading in my LP570 for an SV at some point in the future. Looking at ideally within a year, maybe sooner if prices creep into my target range. Do you guys typically try to sell on your own, cosign with a dealer, or simply take a hit and trade it in towards something else you want so as not to deal with the hassle? I hear trying to sell a Lamborghini on the private market is a pain and I don't think I'm in the mood to do that. Also, do you work with dealers to watch for a particular spec you are after to become available or just scour the market yourself?

A little backstory, the LP570 was my first Lamborghini which I supercharged to keep relevant with the current crop of cars. It's been a blast and loving every minute of ownership, and I intended for this to be a keeper as I love the classic lines of this car. The only thing I told myself I would even consider replacing it with is a V12 Lambo, and in particular a special edition variant hence the SV. But just out of the blue I got the crazy idea to trade it in for a SV this week, and here I am.

Fortunately I have the luxury of time on my side as I can wait for the right deal as I have my LP570 to enjoy, and honestly I'm waiting for prices to drop in the $350k or less for a 5k mi +- 2k range 2016. I've been watching the other value thread and it sounds like later this summer/fall could be my timing but we shall see. Anyhow thanks for your feedback and ear :)
I own a sl and sv and they are 2 different cars I love them both , sv is newer not as Aggressive in driving like the sl

if you going to trade in the car remove the supercharger you are going to get the same for the car unless selling private , i could be interested in the sc unit

·
Registered
395 Posts
Trading in is worth the sales tax credit. Who has time to deal with tire kickers, buyers with bad credit who cant get loans and kids who want to joyride.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like trade in is probably the way to go, and as mentioned the tax credit is definitely worth considering at 10% here. I'll try and get some trade in numbers in the upcoming weeks and see if I'm scared away or encouraged. It's tough as I really do love the SL. I feel dollar per thrills is huge with the SL and I like getting the most bang for the buck. But money aside, the SV, well needs no explanation really ha.

I own a sl and sv and they are 2 different cars I love them both , sv is newer not as Aggressive in driving like the sl

if you going to trade in the car remove the supercharger you are going to get the same for the car unless selling private , i could be interested in the sc unit
Interesting to hear your perspective on the SV and SL. My thoughts when I bought the SL was I loved it for it's raw and mechanical nature. I figured this would be the car with the more analog feel that I'd keep in the garage in contrast to the newer cars filled with more and more tech. But I assume I'd still get that sensation with the SV being a single clutch and of course that glorious N/A V12. Sure a little more modernized with the digital gauges and what not, but if I'm to have one Lamborghini that might be the real keeper.

I'll let you know regarding the S/C. I'm going to take the SL in for a fluid change hopefully this week and do a little inquiring. It's certainly an animal with it on, but I love that it doesn't really change the characteristic of the car other than the obvious speed boost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts