Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a box of WWII - Wrigley’s Army Ration Packaging - 12 packs of P.K. Gum all sealed inside. As some of you may know I collect vintage WWII, Korean and Vietnam War rations. This piece recently obtained is one of the crown jewels in my collection. It is extremely rare as in non-existent. This gum is made with real chicle that was harvested by chicaleros in the Mayan Rainforest back in those days. It has an extra thick candy coating and an awesome flavor. Unfortunately, I won't be opening and chewing any of these. Although, I have got my hands on older gum like this in various ration accessory packets.

Nowadays, all chewing gum is from a synthetic vinyl gum base with lots of other chemicals and artificial sweeteners. If you want the next best thing. There is a company since 1994 that has made sustainably harvested chicle chewing gum from the sapodilla tree. It's damn good. I'll post a link in case anyone is interested. Only downside to real chicle and natural flavors is you lose the flavor after ten minutes or so of chewing but not really an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=glee+gum&crid=3E4IX5THKO7BD&sprefix=glee+gum,aps,177&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Rectangle Wood Shipping box Packaging and labeling Material property

Packing materials Shipping box Rectangle Carton Packaging and labeling

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
When I was in the Marines, I always wondered what type of gum was in my MRE’s! That wasn’t real gum! Lmao! Very cool! Every now and then Steve1989MREinfo’s videos will pop up on my YT feed. Very brave eating them! Lol

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
You guys are pretty entertaining! That box of Wrigleys is really neat. I am sure you are thrilled to have found it to add to your collection. Where do you find these rarities?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are pretty entertaining! That box of Wrigleys is really neat. I am sure you are thrilled to have found it to add to your collection. Where do you find these rarities?
Estate sales, garage sales, happenstance, other collectors selling a ration or trading one, craigslist, garage sales, general beating the bush but mainly eBay nowadays.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Albert is working on getting me the LAT/LONG coordinates.

As soon as I receive them I'll light this thing up.
Please don’t rush me these things take time! :rolleyes: Oops would not quite cut it. 🚀

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
OP, that’s great $900 for a pack of gum. At least said gum is just old and not pre-used. :giggle:. I suspect the gum would be a tad hard to chew but at $900 and based upon how rare a find this is you may not be so disposed to take for a spin.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Seems like this would be a fun hobby. I find it all very intriguing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts