Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all dear Huracan owners.

I own a 19 Huracan Performante and I'm potentially exploring some bolt-on mods, excluding for now any forced induction kit.

After some research, it seems the most common mods where we can really extract some ponies are:

• ECU tune (VF claims 24whp with dyno sheet and other vendors claim similar figures - this translates into a 4.8% increase from their dyno baseline)
  • Less restrictive exhaust (fabspeed h-pipe non-valved claims 16whp with dyno sheet - 2.83% increase from their baseline). Another advantage of these exhaust systems is weight reduction of about 12-17kg which, in terms of weight-power ratio, has the same effect as increasing power by 5-8hp at the crank on a Performante
  • Reid intake hoses (claims 13whp with dyno sheet - 3% from their baseline)

All these summed up would translate into a very considerable 10.63% power increase, not counting with the weight reduction effect from the exhaust of course. Of course that without dynoing all of them together we don't know if they really sum up linearly.

Thus, my questions are:

1. Has anyone here done some or all of these mods? If yes, did you dynoed it, what are your impressions?

2. Having the Performante an already factory less restrictive exhaust (and in corsa and sport gases go "straight"), is it still plausible to extract a bit more power with a simpler h-pipe design like the fabspeed or soul exhausts?

3. What could really lead to exhaust gains in the performante system? The absense of the valves themselves inside the pipes allows for slightly bigger gas volume going out? the absense of the muffler reduces any marginal gases that could still try passing through it instead of going straight through the valves?

4. How realistic are these claimed gains?

5. Is it realistic to expect a +- 50whp (about 60hp at the crank) increase with these mods, bumping the Perf from 630hp (or 640ps if you prefer) to about 690hp (700ps)?

We'd like to hear your experiences and inputs.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
I did VF tune and Fabspeed exhaust on my 2015 Huracan, felt pretty much no difference so then did VF supercharger which made a huge difference. No way a tune will get you much more on the Performante since it's already tuned higher than base. I felt the difference my https://www.pedalbox.com/us/shop made more than the tune. I would still think about exhuast though, much lighter and my Fabspeed sounded better than Performante

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did VF tune and Fabspeed exhaust on my 2015 Huracan, felt pretty much no difference so then did VF supercharger which made a huge difference. No way a tune will get you much more on the Performante since it's already tuned higher than base. I felt the difference my https://www.pedalbox.com/us/shop made more than the tune. I would still think about exhuast though, much lighter and my Fabspeed sounded better than Performante
Thank you very much for your reply.

It's weird that you noticed absolutely nothing both from a tune and an exhaust considering yours was a lp610 (slightly detuned, more restrictive exhaust), right?

Your fabspeed exhaust was valved or straight?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Exhaust was straight, I did feel a little but not much, difference will be even less on a Performante. The only car I would tune is the 580. Try a Pedalbox, makes the car come alive. Even after I supercharged my Huracan and both my R8's it made a nice difference, when I would turn it off car would feel sluggish. Also have one on Evo and RS5, best bang for the buck you can do

Reactions: DXM31 and Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,921 Posts
I did Eurocharged tune on my 580 and there was a significant difference low end, never got to test top end. I also had Race exhaust, but keep in mind it was a 580 which was a detuned 610. No Dyno.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exhaust was straight, I did feel a little but not much, difference will be even less on a Performante. The only car I would tune is the 580. Try a Pedalbox, makes the car come alive. Even after I supercharged my Huracan and both my R8's it made a nice difference, when I would turn it off car would feel sluggish. Also have one on Evo and RS5, best bang for the buck you can do
Thank you for your further inputs. According to what vendors claim today, with the lp610 you should have gained about 40whp (or 50hp at the crank) with those mods. These kind of gains in a NA engine are always "small" when compared to forced induction and may be a bit more difficult to notice.

While you'll not notice a huge difference (like you certainly did with the supercharger), if those gains are real, you could drop your 1/4 mile time by almost 0.3 seconds. Again, nothing that your butt dyno would say "wowww", but probably should have gained them.

I've heard about the pedalbox but that does not increase power by itself, only throttle response which makes the car feel different indeed but at the end no power is being gained.

It's true that the Perf is an already highly up-tuned car compared to the 610 and especially the 580, but it seems the perf has a 30hp bump over the lp610 not purely from ecu tune but both from a different exhaust and also a different intake and cams. And if manufactures tend to leave some safety margin in terms of ignition timing, it's expected that even from the perf an ecu tune should still grab a few more ponies (grabing that safety maring left by the manufacture in terms of ignition timing).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did Eurocharged tune on my 580 and there was a significant difference low end, never got to test top end. I also had Race exhaust, but keep in mind it was a 580 which was a detuned 610. No Dyno.
Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of that.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Since you are probably out of warranty it can't hurt to try a tune but I have never felt they are worth it in most NA cars. Just did a tune on my new RS5 and didnt want to void warranty yet so did a piggyback one. Claimed gains which I saw a few dynos validating that were around 50 hp and 80 tq and I I'm sure I got even more as I did exhaust and intake. Now that was a difference I felt

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Also by going with VF Tune you could get that money credited to a blower if you decided to go that way within a year. That is what I did

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since you are probably out of warranty it can't hurt to try a tune but I have never felt they are worth it in most NA cars. Just did a tune on my new RS5 and didnt want to void warranty yet so did a piggyback one. Claimed gains which I saw a few dynos validating that were are around 50 hp and 80 tq and I certainly feel the difference and I'm sure I got even more as I did exhaust and intake also
Yes, no doubt on a FI car you'll get much bigger and noticeable gains. I've some experience modifying turbo engines and I have a somewhat heavily modified turbo car whose stock power is 250hp and current power is +400hp (at the crank). I've done it all by myself, including the tune. Of course that besides the tune, a lot of other supporting mods had to be done, and a bigger turbo was one of the main (aside from larger piping, intake, intercooler, injectors, ex mani, exhaust downpipe, catback, etc).

Also by going with VF Tune you could get that money credited to a blower if you decided to go that way within a year. That is what I did
Yes, I'm aware of that as well. Warranty hasn't still expired but it will soon, hence why I started looking for some mods although I don't have my mind done on that yet. Not even sure if I'm going ahead with any of them. Just exploring it as deeply as I can first.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
592 Posts
Go VF supercharge and you will be blown away at the performance and increased level of fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go VF supercharge and you will be blown away at the performance and increased level of fun.
I know but as I mentioned initially at this very moment I'm not considering forced induction solutions. That might be considered later on. Thank you for your reply.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
592 Posts
I still think the VF engineering supercharger is the way to go. You might want to consider a ryft exhaust. And the tune. It I would also consider a Sprint booster or pedal Box unit I have uninstalled on my performance and it is night and day.

·
Registered
LP640
2,303 Posts
Intake: the Perf has BMC filters from the factory, so running my intake will get the most out of the system (LP580/610 cars need BMC/K&N filters to get the most out of it).

Exhaust: gains are real, but it's minimal compared to the 580/610 since the Perf basically has straight pipes with the valves open. There is some weight/heat to be lost by going aftermarket though, especially with Ti. The biggest change in power and sound for n/a would be swapping out the factory exhaust manifolds for a set of headers.

Tune: like the exhaust, it will have power gains and make the car more responsive. But as others have said, the power gains will not be as much as the 580/610 as the Perf has the most aggressive factory tune, but gains will be there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Intake: the Perf has BMC filters from the factory, so running my intake will get the most out of the system (LP580/610 cars need BMC/K&N filters to get the most out of it).

Exhaust: gains are real, but it's minimal compared to the 580/610 since the Perf basically has straight pipes with the valves open. There is some weight/heat to be lost by going aftermarket though, especially with Ti. The biggest change in power and sound for n/a would be swapping out the factory exhaust manifolds for a set of headers.

Tune: like the exhaust, it will have power gains and make the car more responsive. But as others have said, the power gains will not be as much as the 580/610 as the Perf has the most aggressive factory tune, but gains will be there.
Thank you for your inputs! The dyno graph of your intake hoses is from your LP640? For how much are you selling it now?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts