Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Blue Diablo GTR in the window of Platinum in Beverly Hills.
Looks unreal!

If anyone gets a chance to look at it. It is unreal!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Didn't you say you were going to check it out? Did you take pictures? Come on King, drive up there and take some pictures. I'm sure Nora would not mind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When i was at the factory 2 weeks ago i was told there are 5 to 10 GTRS in the USA.I guess you can drive them with a dealer plate

·
Registered
20 Posts
In Canada,if you bring a car in as a showcar or a racecar yu can get away with driving it on the street with dealer plates.I guess the law is not the same in the US
I saw a GTR at the factory and fell in love with the car.I am trying to figure out the logistics of bringing one in
I think it is a must have

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it's the same one, I met the owner of the yellow GTR when he had it over at Meridian for a while. He'd simply throw a dealer tag on it and drive it around. Got pulled over a few times but always seemed to get out of it too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That looks like the Monterey Blue car that I saw at Keuylian Motors in Beverly Hills a few years back. He had a number of SVR and GTR cars in the showroom, along with some other interesting hardware like a Bugatti EB110 and two XJ220s.

They are located between Ferrari of BH and the official Lamborghini place there. Keuylian used to be one of the importers for Lambo, so I guess he had access to some unique pieces until they threw him out.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Do the cops really care/know if the car is street legal? I mean, how many cops know the difference between a Diablo and a GTR one...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keuylian Motors in Beverly Hills is Platinum motors aka Lamborghini of Beverly Hills and Lamborghini of OC

·
Registered
323 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
Do the cops really care/know if the car is street legal? I mean, how many cops know the difference between a Diablo and a GTR one...
you cant get a legal license plate if your car isnt street legal

·
Registered
331 Posts
Anybody know if there are any GT's in the US. Any for sale? What are the prices compared to the GT's in europe?
Cheers,
Bjoern

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jon, I don't think the average cop would know whether the car is legal or not. From what I recall the car is ear splitting loud once revved and that is what got him pulled over. I've only ever heard the car at idle though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts