Lamborghini Talk banner

Blu Bull is Back

8K views 98 replies 17 participants last post by  Blu Bull 
#1 ·
So after getting rid of my Huracan last February I am coming back. Never been a big Ferrari fan but after 3 years with the Huracan was time to move on and bought a 488 mainly cause I liked the color. Car was ok just never felt the same connection to it that I felt with my Huracan. Have wanted a Spyder and this one came into a local dealership and the color was right so I had to buy. And good thing I kept my plate, I think I always knew I would be back in a Lamborghini :)
I have

See less See more
#2 ·
very nice! great to see ya back

Reactions: Blu Bull
#3 ·
Here are the specs, seems to be pretty loaded and pretty close to how I would of ordered, I would have gone with sport seats since after sitting in Huracan Spyder with regular seats my head was touching the roof, I found I had plenty of room in Evo Spyder with Sports seats but until today had never sat in an Evo Spyder with these seats but found I had more room than I did in Huracan? Did they make changes in Evo?

#7 ·
Wow Blu! When you said loaded you meant it! What a beautiful car. I have to ask, please tell me about the stock exhaust note. Loud enough? How does it compare to your old Huracan?

#8 ·
Thanks, I didnt drive car but it seemed very loud when I accelerated it, I would say better than my Huracan was stock but not as loud as with the fabspeed I put on. Since mine was a 2015 it had the more pops and bangs and truthfully I had gotten tired of it so don't mind it toned down a bit. Will be picking up tomorrow so will give you a better report on sound, but from my brief time in it today I think I make be able to avoid changing it.

#10 ·
I wont have to be careful as I'm already looking for a new wheel. Since car has all the forged carbon fiber I will go with one with that and perforated leather. Have been going through your thread to try and learn some stuff since this was rather sudden and I;'m not really up on the Evo. What does the smart phone interface consist of?

#20 ·
Congratz Blu!! The new lambo blue is really eye popping in person. Can't wait to see your mods this time around. At least you got the full forged carbon.

Personally I love alcantara steering wheel. I would ding up my leathers real easily on accident from my nails or my wedding band.

The smart phone interface is your apple car play. I don't know if they do android auto.

Wow Blu! When you said loaded you meant it! What a beautiful car. I have to ask, please tell me about the stock exhaust note. Loud enough? How does it compare to your old Huracan?
The new EVO has a really nice note stock. It should be very similar to the performante
Thanks Blu, I can't wait to hear more. And congratulations on getting a Spyder, the best of both worlds, you are going to love it. Love the Diamond cut rims, I ordered the same ones on my new one. I am also going back to Alcantera, it just looks so rich. Just gotta to take good care of the steering wheel so it doesn't show wear.
Alcantara actually wears just fine. I had that initial reservation as well but after having it in my last few cars, that's the way to go for me.

#11 ·
Lol, you asked the only question that I can't answer. No one knows yet. You might be the first to explain it. All I know is I had to take that option for some others to be added.

#13 ·
Yes, I noticed that but you got it and it could be good for resale. That was one of the only options al0ng with ambient lighting that I didn’t get. I don’t track and I don’t drive at night.

#14 ·
I had a feeling you would come back Scott, you never seemed as enthusiastic about the 488. Blu sideris looks fantastic. I dig the Superman color combo with the red interior and the forged carbon fiber trim. Aesir rims are my favorite and the spec looks loaded. Buying a Spyder in the middle of November in Mass. at least you got the AWD. I think you will be happy with the heated seat option for cold weather driving.

Questions what's the ad personam exterior option?

Did GGT go up from 1300 to 2100?

#17 ·
Thanks, hoping to get in a few drives before I need to put away. Yea looks like GGT is now $2,100. And not sure what the that ad personam option is? Usually I would have done more research on a car but this all happened really fast so have a lot to learn about the Evo. Once I get car home this afternoon will try and figure out what it might be. I saw Russ had a build sheet on the the Evo RWD in his thread, anyone have one for the AWD?

#21 ·
Thanks John. That's good to know I had a suede aftermarket one and it wore down to nothing in less than 3000 miles. I have heard that the OEM Alcantera is much better.

#25 ·
I was dead set against Alcantera, but I wanted this car to be different in every way possible so I gave in to Alcantera.

#28 ·
Well I'm not quite back yet, I didnt test drive the car the other day when I went because of rain but test drove it yesterday. With top down I was ok but with it up felt a little cramped and also didnt like how my line of sight seemed to be at the top of the windshield. I had test drove an Evo Spyder with the sport seats and was much better with sitting lower and more leg room. And the Alcantara seats do have me a little worried on a spyder, I had them on my huracan and they held up fine but I'm a little more worried with the sun and more elements on them so want car to have the leather sport seats. So with season pretty much over I don't want to rush into anything. So I'm now going to look for a spyder with sport leather. Russ the exhaust did sound great on the drive and better than my Huracan when it was stock and pretty close to when I put Fabspeed on so I would not be changing exhaust. What I think I would need is a VF supercharger, as soon as I started driving I felt the difference from the drive there in 488, it just didnt have the punch that the 488 gives you with turbo's and 561 TQ .

#32 ·
Surfah, your car looks great and I always liked Alcantera, but I was just leery of how it would wear overtime. I know we probably don’t drive our cars enough for it to be an issue.

#35 ·
Yes, all Alcantera except the headrest, side bolsters top & bottom and the accent inserts on the Sport seats those are all leather. Of course there is CF between the headrest and the seat. My roof liner is neither alcantera or leather, because it is a spyder.

After watching the video and him calling it "garbage" I do have my concerns. He said the steering wheel will wear out in less than 3000 miles. That is funny because my suede steering wheel wore out in less than 300 miles! So if what he says is true I guess I will be looking for a new steering wheel. Can someone chime in here that HAS ALCANTERA! Please tell me it isn't so!

#46 ·
Russ I kid you not, lambo Alcantara is extremely low maintenance. My seats looked as good as the day I picked it up. To clean them I do one of the following: 70% alcohol wipes, sonax alcantara cleaner or I use my steam cleaner. For the seats and dashboard, I just vacuum them. They come out amazing.

6k-7k of use on the huracan
2k on the 720s
6k on the Mercedes g63

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
Sorry Russ your getting a Spyder.......duh. As far as the steering wheel wear you have the Fratelli gloves and that should work to protect the nap of the Alcantara. One other suggestion I can make is when I have had Alcantara seats I have had my wife make a custom thinly lined cushion that I placed on the seat to protect the Alcantara but that may be more than you are willing to do.

#37 ·
Well, having said that I decided to check my option list and it say my A-pillars and Roof liner are Alcantera!! So I guess it is my DUH.

#49 ·
Russ, Alcantara is not a bad material and many like it. I just don't like it from a car detailing perspective, that and, it always looks a little unkempt. Use the Fratelli gloves and make or buy a thin cushion for the seat area and you will definitely not have any issues.

#50 ·
also with the amount of mileage I put on my cars annually I don’t think it should be an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.