Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just curious, as I have a 458. Thinking of a Huracan Spyder, but I‘d need sport seats to even remotely get it to work. Didn’t even try it with the top down...I agree with your thoughts, and I’m just over 5’-10”. Longer legs definitely work against you in this scenario.

What drove (LOL) you away from Ferrari? Was it the 488 in particular, or just missed the raw emotion of the Huracan?
I think it's spending to much time on Fchat where there is a constant battle about how the 458 is better than the 488. I now realize most of those people would also not like other TT cars like Mclarens. Did a couple hundred miles in the 488 today and really do like the car so now thinking maybe keep it and replace my Lotus with an Evo

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think it's spending to much time on Fchat where there is a constant battle about how the 458 is better than the 488. I now realize most of those people would also not like other TT cars like Mclarens. Did a couple hundred miles in the 488 today and really do like the car so now thinking maybe keep it and replace my Lotus with an Evo
That's the spirit! I'm going for a 488 at some point. The car looks amazing! That's the perfect garage if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yea don't listen to what the Ferrari purist say about the 488, just drive one, it's an amazing machine.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well, having said that I decided to check my option list and it say my A-pillars and Roof liner are Alcantera!! So I guess it is my DUH.
Wonder how the retractable soft top alcantara headliner works? I would think it would crease and wear over time.

I have the alcantara a-pillars and headliner. Really ties the interior together. My gt3 also had the alcantara interior and my last 3 cars had alcantara steering wheels and no issues at all. Infrequently clean with sonax. Cars always garaged and alway have tinted windows up and A/C on which contributes to longevity.

Dont have sweaty palms either

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, all Alcantera except the headrest, side bolsters top & bottom and the accent inserts on the Sport seats those are all leather. Of course there is CF between the headrest and the seat. My roof liner is neither alcantera or leather, because it is a spyder.

After watching the video and him calling it "garbage" I do have my concerns. He said the steering wheel will wear out in less than 3000 miles. That is funny because my suede steering wheel wore out in less than 300 miles! So if what he says is true I guess I will be looking for a new steering wheel. Can someone chime in here that HAS ALCANTERA! Please tell me it isn't so!
Russ I kid you not, lambo Alcantara is extremely low maintenance. My seats looked as good as the day I picked it up. To clean them I do one of the following: 70% alcohol wipes, sonax alcantara cleaner or I use my steam cleaner. For the seats and dashboard, I just vacuum them. They come out amazing.

6k-7k of use on the huracan
2k on the 720s
6k on the Mercedes g63

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
Wonder how the retractable soft top alcantara headliner works? I would think it would crease and wear over time.

I have the alcantara a-pillars and headliner. Really ties the interior together. My gt3 also had the alcantara interior and my last 3 cars had alcantara steering wheels and no issues at all. Infrequently clean with sonax. Cars always garaged and alway have tinted windows up and A/C on which contributes to longevity.

Dont have sweaty palms either
That’s good to hear!

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Russ, Alcantara is not a bad material and many like it. I just don't like it from a car detailing perspective, that and, it always looks a little unkempt. Use the Fratelli gloves and make or buy a thin cushion for the seat area and you will definitely not have any issues.

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
Russ, Alcantara is not a bad material and many like it. I just don't like it from a car detailing perspective, that and, it always looks a little unkempt. Use the Fratelli gloves and make or buy a thin cushion for the seat area and you will definitely not have any issues.
also with the amount of mileage I put on my cars annually I don’t think it should be an issue.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well after thinking about it over the weekend decided to give this car a shot and picked it up today :)

Reactions: DXM31 and Robbys3m3

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks, had a great time driving it home. Car is a blast and so much more engaging than the 488 was, you really feel part of this car while the 488 had a disconnected feeling

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Thanks, had a great time driving it home. Car is a blast and so much more engaging than the 488 was, you really feel part of this car while the 488 had a disconnected feeling
Got mine up to 165mph today, a little faster and I would have taken off. The NA engine provides instant power, so cool. I have the 580-2 I am sure your AWD could really move.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
177 MPH was my top speed in 488, will have to better that now :)

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
177 MPH was my top speed in 488, will have to better that now :)
These cars are so stable as to encourage the pedal to the metal. Even at 165mph its got a lot more to give as I'm sure is the case with both your 488 and EVO AWD. The sound and the rush is incredible!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have to say, you have some amazing taste. From your R8's to current Evo, all your cars have been spectacular. Looking forward to hearing more impressions and seeing what you do to it. Congrats on another beauty!

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
I second all of what the others said, spectacular car.

Reactions: Blu Bull
41 - 60 of 77 Posts