Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
Thanks John. That's good to know I had a suede aftermarket one and it wore down to nothing in less than 3000 miles. I have heard that the OEM Alcantera is much better.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Whoever ordered that EVO probably just said I'll take everything on the option list please!

Registered
Thanks John. That's good to know I had a suede aftermarket one and it wore down to nothing in less than 3000 miles. I have heard that the OEM Alcantera is much better.
Suede definitely will. If it's alcantara, even aftermarket, it should hold up extremely well.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Alcantara is fine just harder to clean than leather. For that reason I avoid it whenever possible. Though, that is my personal preference and clearly there are people that love this option.

Premium Member
I was dead set against Alcantera, but I wanted this car to be different in every way possible so I gave in to Alcantera.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
I was dead set against Alcantera, but I wanted this car to be different in every way possible so I gave in to Alcantera.
Sonax is a very well regarded cleaner for Alcantara and you may want to buy a bottle when you get a chance for your future car detailing needs. ;)

Attachments

Registered
Thanks, hoping to get in a few drives before I need to put away. Yea looks like GGT is now $2,100. And not sure what the that ad personam option is? Usually I would have done more research on a car but this all happened really fast so have a lot to learn about the Evo. Once I get car home this afternoon will try and figure out what it might be. I saw Russ had a build sheet on the the Evo RWD in his thread, anyone have one for the AWD?
Usually I don鈥檛 approve of impulse buys but with your EVO thumbs up.

You saw how awesome my sportivo alcantara interior looks and that was your impetus right ?

Sonax is a very well regarded cleaner for Alcantara and you may want to buy a bottle when you get a chance for your future car detailing needs. ;)
Sonax works good. Used it on my GT3. Haven鈥檛 needed it on my H yet. One thing I love about alcantara is it runs cooler than leather.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28
Well I'm not quite back yet, I didnt test drive the car the other day when I went because of rain but test drove it yesterday. With top down I was ok but with it up felt a little cramped and also didnt like how my line of sight seemed to be at the top of the windshield. I had test drove an Evo Spyder with the sport seats and was much better with sitting lower and more leg room. And the Alcantara seats do have me a little worried on a spyder, I had them on my huracan and they held up fine but I'm a little more worried with the sun and more elements on them so want car to have the leather sport seats. So with season pretty much over I don't want to rush into anything. So I'm now going to look for a spyder with sport leather. Russ the exhaust did sound great on the drive and better than my Huracan when it was stock and pretty close to when I put Fabspeed on so I would not be changing exhaust. What I think I would need is a VF supercharger, as soon as I started driving I felt the difference from the drive there in 488, it just didnt have the punch that the 488 gives you with turbo's and 561 TQ .

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
What I think I would need is a VF supercharger, as soon as I started driving I felt the difference from the drive there in 488, it just didnt have the punch that the 488 gives you with turbo's and 561 TQ .
What kind of wheel horsepower will the VF charger produce on your EVO ~ 630 +/-?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #30
What kind of wheel horsepower will the VF charger produce on your EVO ~ 630 +/-?
I never put my Huracan on a dyno but from all the ones I saw whp is around 630-640 on Mustang dyno and higher on dynojet. so would think at least that on Evo, and that would be same for either AWD or RWD

Premium Member
Thanks, I鈥檒l check it out!

Premium Member
Surfah, your car looks great and I always liked Alcantera, but I was just leery of how it would wear overtime. I know we probably don鈥檛 drive our cars enough for it to be an issue.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
I never put my Huracan on a dyno but from all the ones I saw whp is around 630-640 on Mustang dyno and higher on dynojet. so would think at least that on Evo, and that would be same for either AWD or RWD
Adding horsepower is always a good thing adding ~ 100hp is definitely a Big Smile!

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Surfah, your car looks great and I always liked Alcantera, but I was just leery of how it would wear overtime. I know we probably don鈥檛 drive our cars enough for it to be an issue.
So are your race seats, roof lining and A-pillars also in Alcantara?

This is a humorous video about Alcantara and the best part his stuffed monkey is named Albert.......please tell me there is no resemblance:

Premium Member
Yes, all Alcantera except the headrest, side bolsters top & bottom and the accent inserts on the Sport seats those are all leather. Of course there is CF between the headrest and the seat. My roof liner is neither alcantera or leather, because it is a spyder.

After watching the video and him calling it "garbage" I do have my concerns. He said the steering wheel will wear out in less than 3000 miles. That is funny because my suede steering wheel wore out in less than 300 miles! So if what he says is true I guess I will be looking for a new steering wheel. Can someone chime in here that HAS ALCANTERA! Please tell me it isn't so!

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Sorry Russ your getting a Spyder.......duh. As far as the steering wheel wear you have the Fratelli gloves and that should work to protect the nap of the Alcantara. One other suggestion I can make is when I have had Alcantara seats I have had my wife make a custom thinly lined cushion that I placed on the seat to protect the Alcantara but that may be more than you are willing to do.

Premium Member
Sorry Russ your getting a Spyder.......duh. As far as the steering wheel wear you have the Fratelli gloves and that should work to protect the nap of the Alcantara. One other suggestion I can make is when I have had Alcantara seats I have had my wife make a custom thinly lined cushion that I placed on the seat to protect the Alcantara but that may be more than you are willing to do.
Well, having said that I decided to check my option list and it say my A-pillars and Roof liner are Alcantera!! So I guess it is my DUH.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Well, having said that I decided to check my option list and it say my A-pillars and Roof liner are Alcantera!! So I guess it is my DUH.
Russ you are a fun person and Alcantara or no Alcantara you are going to have a blast because you embrace life. You come across as a glass half full kind of guy......we all can learn from you! Have fun with your new car as I am sure you will, and know, as I am sure you do, nothing in life or cars is perfect no matter what choice we make!

PS: Post a lot of pictures of your new dream machine.

Registered
Well I'm not quite back yet, I didnt test drive the car the other day when I went because of rain but test drove it yesterday. With top down I was ok but with it up felt a little cramped and also didnt like how my line of sight seemed to be at the top of the windshield. I had test drove an Evo Spyder with the sport seats and was much better with sitting lower and more leg room. And the Alcantara seats do have me a little worried on a spyder, I had them on my huracan and they held up fine but I'm a little more worried with the sun and more elements on them so want car to have the leather sport seats. So with season pretty much over I don't want to rush into anything. So I'm now going to look for a spyder with sport leather. Russ the exhaust did sound great on the drive and better than my Huracan when it was stock and pretty close to when I put Fabspeed on so I would not be changing exhaust. What I think I would need is a VF supercharger, as soon as I started driving I felt the difference from the drive there in 488, it just didnt have the punch that the 488 gives you with turbo's and 561 TQ .
Just curious, as I have a 458. Thinking of a Huracan Spyder, but I鈥榙 need sport seats to even remotely get it to work. Didn鈥檛 even try it with the top down...I agree with your thoughts, and I鈥檓 just over 5鈥-10鈥. Longer legs definitely work against you in this scenario.

What drove (LOL) you away from Ferrari? Was it the 488 in particular, or just missed the raw emotion of the Huracan?

Premium Member
Russ you are a fun person and Alcantara or no Alcantara you are going to have a blast because you embrace life. You come across as a glass half full kind of guy......we all can learn from you! Have fun with your new car as I am sure you will, and know, as I am sure you do, nothing in life or cars is perfect no matter what choice we make!

PS: Post a lot of pictures of your new dream machine.
Kind words are always welcome, thanks Albert.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts