Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car sprung a leak and leaked all of the fluid out and stranded me, replace the cracked part and have bled the E-gear with a bleeder kit and then with a person in the car shifting into R to get the valves to actuate and I see no bubbles anymore from the top or the bottom bleed location. However when shifting into R or 1st it never actually goes into gear. The pump comes on and fluid is flowing through the Clutch line (that is the bleeder lines) but never goes into gear. Anyone?

The pump is priming much less than before I must have had some air in the system. It doesn't seem to bleed down fast as I can open the door many minutes later and it does not activate to build pressure until it has sat a while.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I pull both handles to do the soft egear reset it just shows the egear error symbol.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Thats what it does
If I pull both handles to do the soft egear reset it just shows the egear error symbol.
That is what it does. It will show the error upon reseting it self.
Are you sure you are resetting it correct?

Also, more important, is your battery good?
The slightest drop in voltage will make the E-Gear Error appear.
Just a heads up.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
190 Posts
Having just gone through this myself I'm pretty sure you're going to need to use LARA / Leonardo to properly bleed and reset the system.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
190 Posts
Having just gone through this myself I'm pretty sure you're going to need to use LARA / Leonardo to properly bleed and reset the system.
And also eGear fluid leaked extreme (vented with LaRa?)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what it does

That is what it does. It will show the error upon reseting it self.
Are you sure you are resetting it correct?

Also, more important, is your battery good?
The slightest drop in voltage will make the E-Gear Error appear.
Just a heads up.

Battery is not old and had the trickle charger on it and tried it with the engine running so their was plenty of power. Is there another way to reset the system? Unplug the battery for a while?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was researching this for someone else and we came to the conclusion that to do this job you pretty much had to have the car towed to a place with a LARA, or you needed to rent one. TEXA and Leonardo allegedly work, too.

Theres also bootleg lara software out there, but thats a whole other can of worms.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
190 Posts
I was researching this for someone else and we came to the conclusion that to do this job you pretty much had to have the car towed to a place with a LARA, or you needed to rent one. TEXA and Leonardo allegedly work, too.

Theres also bootleg lara software out there, but thats a whole other can of worms.
Agree with this. Unfortunately it seems that depending on where the air gets into you will need to hook it up to a proper LARA etc system to get it bled / reset. My local indie shop did this for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts