Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how hard it is too keep a Black Murci clean? I am heading down to motocars intl again this coming tuesday or thursday and considering the purchase, although I think the price is a bit high. They asking in the neighborhood of 234k for an 03. go to www.motocars-intl.com to check it out and give your opinions. I'm still up in the air on what color I want though, but its worth the long drive for a look. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me also say that most black cars get dirty alot faster than other colors and is it the same way with the murci? I can't really see how it'd be different, but maybe they use some sort of special paint? Again opinions please!

·
Registered
76 Posts
In my opinion, black or dark blue are probably the worst car colours to try and "keep looking clean". But if you're prepared to put a little more "cosmetic" time into keeping it looking good, then why not?

I have found that dark cars show up minor scratches, buff marks, and other surface blemishes etc, more than light cars.

My Gallardo is pearl yellow and it takes quite a bit of "muck" on it before it starts to look "un-loved". And it does a good job of hidding any paint surface defects. It always looks great in the sun, but under garage fluoro lights any defects start to show themselves.

Personally, I think that silver is the most forgiving, if you are not into keeping your car washed and clean.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The composition of all paint is the same (ie PPG)...nothing special in black. The darker the color the more time it takes to maintain it. I've had several black cars (P-Turbos mostly).

Fine swirls and spider webbing is more noticable... Depends on how big your into detailing. I use my own buffer and know how to polish out marks.

Other than showing imperfections more, the only drawback to black is that it will draw heat... Living in MO, I don't think that will be an issue for you.

Plus side = When you properly polish out that bad boy, well it's hard to beat the look of a black car... Love it.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
paith said:
Just wondering how hard it is too keep a Black Murci clean? I am heading down to motocars intl again this coming tuesday or thursday and considering the purchase, although I think the price is a bit high. They asking in the neighborhood of 234k for an 03. go to www.motocars-intl.com to check it out and give your opinions. I'm still up in the air on what color I want though, but its worth the long drive for a look. :D
That sounds too expensive for an 03. My dealer has a one owner, 04, 3000 mile Murcielago for 233K, Pearl Yellow. There was/is a 03 Red Murci on Ebay. Owner is looking for about $205. Market has dropped some on these cars recently. M.I. is know for pricing their cars on the high side.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Boy I am going to have a party when you finally decide, I wake up each morning waiting to see what you are thinkin today!!!

IMO you should either buy my Red Murcie at 205k, or sell everything you have and move to Nome, Alaska and buy every colored snowmobile you can find.....

Would you decide already.....

My MOM used to say
:evil: "you are no closer to the decision now or tommorrow"

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:( I just want lime green, I thought it was very expensive too.

Either way, i'm making the trip, maybe they'll still have that titanium diablo. I could take that one home with me! :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Black is good too, if you tint out the tail lights and remove the side markers. There are a couple waus you can do the wheeles on a black Murci that look good. Red calipers work well if its the ONLY color on the car. If these changes arnt made then I personally think that black on a stock car is just OK. However it is alot of work too keep it nice.

Titanium is good on a Diablo but a little flat on a Murci.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Paith - Let me add to your confusion - :)

I know I guy with a Titanium 6.0
7K Miles - 1 owner car
Still under extended warranty
$170 asking...

If you want info PM me.

Let me clarify myself on previous post. Paint is Paint. Of course, if you add pearl, that's different. But given same "type" of paint, the color does not change anything other than darker colors show flaws more readily.

I like lamo green on Merci's - any color on Diablo :) Nice thing about silver paint on just about any car is that it blends with the color of the wheels..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts