Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
i was interested in purchasing this supposedly pristine 200mile 91 diablo example and sent an inspector over

http://www.dupontregistry.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=203346&sessionkey={8899E17B-43EC-44D0-A491-AE635BE704D6}

turns out its been repainted, delaminating side glass and a very worn drivers seat

the above i can confirm due to the inspections report, uncomfirmed is the statement from another dealer that this is rebuilt fire damaged car

the dealer volounteered NOTHING even if they claimed ignorance the paint and seat wear should have been disclosed

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I have dealt with Lambo of BH on several occasions. I have found them to be very welcoming, friendly and happy to answer all and any questions. Shant is one of the best in the business. I have no connection nor business dealings with the dealership. Just honest admiration for their business manner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thks ska90077 yes the offending dealer is classic cars of beverly hills NOT lamborghini of beverly hills

i have asked the mods to edit the title to reflect this fact

·
Registered
584 Posts
Too Bad because it looks like a nice car...

Your post says 91, but the car is a 92 is it not? If it were me, and I liked the car and the PPI shows it to be mechanically strong, I would work it into the price.

Also depends on the extent of the repaint. Most exotics have the nose/spoiler repainted due to rock chips. Yes, the side windows are laminated (mine's being replaced now due to heat gun during window tint) and new glass will cost you under $1500 installed.

BTW what was his asking price?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ltadmin said:
Geeee...one used car salesman slamming a competitors product(to make the sale himself no doubt), how unique :rolleyes: !!
i didnt see it that way at all, i enquired if he knew anything about the car and he said he believed it was fire damaged, he was not slamming at all, i think the delaminating glass is an indication this is likley true

fl_355 yes its a 92 as you state (jeez how many facts can i get wrong in my second post !) the final price we arrived at was $100k down from $110k, personally i would NEVER touch a fire damage, especially with this vintage, its like gambling in vegas, boiled oil, gaskets, the list of very expensive potential probs that would wipe out any savings are endless...
it is a shame though, its pretty and my fave interior color, the car i went with is black on black

there is a reason its still sitting there

they also essentially refused to have lambo of BH inspect it as they said they were horrible to deal with, no wonder if they are indeed selling a burnt car

these forums are great for sharing info re dealers, for example i heard nothing but good things abou lambo dallas and that was instrumental in my decision to go with their car

·
Registered
104 Posts
rascasse said:
I have dealt with Lambo of BH on several occasions. I have found them to be very welcoming, friendly and happy to answer all and any questions. Shant is one of the best in the business. I have no connection nor business dealings with the dealership. Just honest admiration for their business manner.

Shant is the best period, his family is as well. I proud to have him as a friend, car biz asside. He dosent become someones friend to sell them a car he is real, honest and hard working. unlike most people in the autmotive retail biz.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't buy the fire damage story. The car has had the front facia, engine cover, and rear bumper repainted. It was purchased new by a woman, who could not drive the car. She stored it, sometimes outside. Probably needs a clutch also. I can't comment on the miles, but the car is in need of some work, no doubt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts