Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a big favor from someone....with an old Diablo.

I've been searching for an old bag (not hag) for my 91 Diablo for the past year without any luck. I've decided to have the upholsterer that is redoing my interior, to make them form the extra leather pieces. However, I don't have a pattern to follow.

Would someone post detail pictures of the tool kit bag for me to copy from. Front, back, side, open and closed will do fine. However, if I could borrow someone's kit for a few days it would be much much better. :rolleyes:

(Pipe dream...I'd have a better chance of borrowing someone's wife for a few days. :eek: )

Thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'll help you out.

First, are you doing both or just the tool kit. Air tire inflator has different dims I think..

I'll take pix a little later after you reply. Then, I'll get some paper and draw out a pattern and mail it to you. Still got my email addr?

BTW - threw out the G/F last night after a big fight....pay the air fare and you can have her :)

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frank,
Thanks. I need both the tool kit and inflator bags.

I appreciate your time and help. As many close-ups as possible.
:tleft:

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
584 Posts
Boys we have been busted.... :)
Yeah, have to love a lady lambo... Nice to have you here.

John - Don't tell me you were the seller???? I have 2 of the 3 pieces and that is the piece I'm missing! That's what I get for sleeping at the wheel...

Re: Pix... OK will take more. I'm getting ready for a car show on Sunday and I'll do it today.

It smells like leather but shiny. I'm into concours detailing and I was testing a new leather care product on the tool kit before trying on interior, that's why the shine. I was just at the leather shop yesterday picking up my 2nd dash pod and I should have taken it with me to ask. I'll know by the end of day.

For a tool kit I don't think it would really matter. There's a product called "leather look" made of vinyl thats about 1/3 the cost and I honestly can't tell the difference. Anyway, usually the test on a seat is to push hard with your hand and it will leave an imprent if it's leather, where vinyl will bounce back into form.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts