Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
tony_lambo said:
Was not the question how to properly launch a Lambo without doing damage?
I have driven just about every Lambo made, been in Kaminski's club for years and was trying to explain how to drive the car properly, not how to abuse it to gain tenths.
No, it was aboiut how to launch an AWD Lambo, and to get "quick" 0-60 times.

"I don't want to ruin my clutch, but I've never driven a 4WD sports car before. I've heard that for 4WD's, because of the differential, you really shouldn't jack-rabbitt start the car, but, instead, get it rolling, and then floor the accelerator. Is this true? What's the best way to get a quick 0-60 time? "

·
Registered
49 Posts
tony_lambo said:
OK, you can have the last word... :sleepy:
LOL. Its not about having the last word. Its about what the question was. No biggie, really. I told him how to launch an AWD car, and you told him not to drop the clutch. You are wrong, if the objective is a "quick" time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
thanks again, gentlemen. 60_se was right in that i was looking for a safe way to get a fast 0-60 time. but i appreciate the warnings as well. i certainly would like to keep my clutch for as long as i can. :hail:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the reason for being sensitive with the clutch is less to do with 4wd but more to with the traction 4wd affords. A great deal of the engines force can be transmitted to the road with 4wd without wheelspin. So with massive grip on the one hand and massive power on the other, the clutch gets killed in the middle.
One thing I've always wondered is how you can do full bore starts on the stock clutch with modified 996TTs and how they still manage to last forever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
RacerGeoff said:
Because Porsche actually test their products relentlessly my friend.
Despite our differences on the other posts, here's I'll have to agree.
Also noticed that the clutches on the modern Lamborghinis are really light which can't make it any easier to modulate and prevent premature wear. Wonder how the E-Gear Murcie launches...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.