Lamborghini Talk banner

Best Starter Lamborghini?

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  KirkOKirby 
#1 ·
Hey there,

This is for all the Lamborghini Enthusiasts and owners out there.

I would like to write a quick post regarding on the premier cars. What is the best Lamborghini to start out with? Or a good Lamborghini to aim for?

Truly Yours,

#3 ·
Need more information. How much driving experience? How much would you be able to spend? Can you do any of your own work, and/or can you afford to pay someone else to do all of it? How would you use it? How MUCH would you drive it?

#4 ·
IMO, from all aspects (cost of parts, initial purchase price, ease of working on yourself), the early Diablos are the best "Bang for the Buck" in today's market. They are at the lowest prices they have ever been, and some people believe that they've bottomed out at this point.

As for repair.......the early Diablos have a lot less accessories than the later ones, hence less things to go wrong. These are still nowhere on the easy level to repair, but much simpler for the home mechanic to work on than a more modern Gallardo or Murcielago. As far as parts, there are many sources available. In fact, there's a thread about interchangeable parts for the Diablo from other makes of vehicles, which can save you a good chunk of change.

Keep in mind though......no matter which way you "slice" it, these cars are definitely not cheap to buy and maintain.

Good Luck.

#5 ·
I would agree that Diablo and Gallardo are great choices. Between the two, choose Diablo if you crave for a traditional, older Lambo. The Gallardo is much more modern and tends to have less things to fix since they are newer cars. Basic things like AC, stereo, lights, exhaust are likely go bad on older cars. Having said that, Diablo is the car to die for with old fashion proper V12 and lambo doors without breaking the bank.

#7 ·
That's right........totally slipped my mind! A Jalpa is a great starter too! Relatively modern Lambo, for a small chunk of change! However, old enough where you can work on it yourself as well. The body style looks great, and with the removable top, you get the best of both worlds! (Coupe/Convertible)

Or, if you're into a vintage car.......I've seen some great deals on Espadas and Urracos.

#8 ·
What about the Aventador?

If budget isn't an issue that is. LOL You really are going to have to drive them all as you get closer to the decision. Each model is very different in character from the others. Let your personal taste in looks and feel behind the wheel guide you.

Do a search on the differences between the vehicles. Much has been contributed about the differences between G and M cars.

#9 ·
The Diablo seems like a great car to aim for. Though I'm not a big fan of the model, it is still a beautiful automobile. I guess testing and getting a feel for any model behind the wheel would also be a good idea. Thanks for the helpful replies everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.