Lamborghini Talk banner

Best place to find manual gallardo?

691 20
What sites would you recommend looking for one?
Thanks
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Obviously this one; this is where I got mine because I could trust the person selling the car. Before I found mine here, I looked at the other usual sites and it seemed like a lot of them listed the same car.
Also had one salesperson insists the car insist the car was a manual even though when I looked at the pictures of the interior I could see the e-Gear buttons

·
Registered
138 Posts
Id say this one... I only found this site after buying my first one.

I would only buy from a private party after getting a PP! by a professional who is Lambo experienced. I have bought a couple off of "Auction sites" and I have gotten very lucky both times. I would not do it again.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
duPont Registry is a good source,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought mine from the classifieds on here. Reputable dealers are fine, but you have to do the homework on the individual vehicle, the dealers won't do it for you. What exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
841 Posts
duPont Registry is a good source,

Thanks for posting this listing. 07943 was listed on ebay in 12/21 with 7K miles for $265K. Not sure if it sold then or if this is the same owner asking less after driving it this year.

This may be the only US LP manual for sale. It's reported that Curated in Miami had a Performante available but there is no listing on their website.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Thanks for posting this listing. 07943 was listed on ebay in 12/21 with 7K miles for $265K. Not sure if it sold then or if this is the same owner asking less after driving it this year.

This may be the only US LP manual for sale. It's reported that Curated in Miami had a Performante available but there is no listing on their website.
Welcome. Dealers most likely have a list or someone in mind when a manual comes up for sale. Most probably never get listed to the public. Oldschool you coined the saying, "Get em while you can", and you were so right!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Interesting. This is the original listing for 12658. It is NOT an Edizione Tecnica. When I spoke to the staff about the specs of the car they agreed that the listing was incorrect and were going to change it. Apparently they just put the original back on the website.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am finding that all the listing sites list e gear cars as manuals, making very difficult to find true gated cars. Frustrating, the only way is to flip thru the photos to check.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I am finding that all the listing sites list e gear cars as manuals, making very difficult to find true gated cars. Frustrating, the only way is to flip thru the photos to check.
This is a common approach by independent dealers who do not regularly sell these cars. They must believe that pulling on a paddle means you have to "manually" shift gears. We encountered this same frustration a few years ago while compiling the registry of US spec manual LP Gallardos. You can read about it here:

US Spec Manual LP Gallardo Model and Color Production

·
Registered
230 Posts
Buying an exotic requires you to look nationally not just in your city. Occasionally people have come to exotic car sites and want to buy an f-car or a lambo but only want to look in their area; I think those people are still looking. For rare cars you need to look globally. Dealer's who specialize in exotics are also a good source. Sites like this, autotrader, cargurus or hemming motors are a good place to do the initial research. I was searching for Mucielagos on Hemming and that is where I found my car. Off course it was a lead, as the car was going to be auctioned off 4 months later by Mecum. My car was not listed on any other sites I had looked. So look all over, ask here and at some point pull the trigger. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I actually run the Gated Gallardo Group on FB. I also have a private chat for gated members on messenger. Got just a bit over 100 members with true gated cars world wide. I know of a few for sale. Youre welcome to pm me and I can see who is looking to sell within our group.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts