Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I need to spend even more time on Internet Forums, but I’m looking for a good spot to talk about F1 and IMSA racing. What’s the best out there that you have all found?

secondly, not to compete but just for fun and a challenge, I’d love to participate on a small team in the virtual 24 hours of Le Mans or Rolex 24 on iRacing or some such platform. If anyone here is also interested, let me know. Plenty of time to practice still. :)

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,589 Posts
Good question and would love to see some replies. I have one buddy who’s into IMSA and a couple into F1 so my chats are limited to them. I did get an email today for an opportunity to buy F1 Miami tix in a window that opens tomorrow afternoon. I hope I can get them this time!!

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started as an IMSA fan, because it’s sports cars and you can root for your favorite brand there. The Netflix series has opened up the world of F1 to me though and I’m sure glad it did. I obsess over it now. I have a pretty decent collection of autographed pictures as well!

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
I started as an IMSA fan, because it’s sports cars and you can root for your favorite brand there. The Netflix series has opened up the world of F1 to me though and I’m sure glad it did. I obsess over it now. I have a pretty decent collection of autographed pictures as well!
I agree and also like that traffic is introduced almost immediately which adds a major challenge you don’t see in other auto sports since they all go roughly the same speed. Netflix did in one season what my dad tried to do for decades…get me hooked too!

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,056 Posts
I've been into F1 for almost a decade.... This last race was awesome to see some real fighting!!! It was getting boring watching MB run away with everything for the last 7 years!!!

Reactions: jcm

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
F1 fan since i got my first Ferrari 11 years ago.

Hamilton has always been my favorite but truthfully this season has been a revelation between Ferrari and Red Bull. I think Max is a whiny arrogant douche but his wheel to wheel racecraft against Leclerc today at Jeddah was sublime.

Looking forward to an awesome season!

·
Registered
796 Posts

Hamilton has always been my favorite but truthfully this season has been a revelation between Ferrari and Red Bull. I think Max is a whiny arrogant douche but his wheel to wheel racecraft against Leclerc today at Jeddah was sublime.

Agree - yesterdays fight was one of the best ones I've seen. The new cars really gives in to much more closer racing. Even if I'm a Max fan - I really hope Mercedes gets their **** together, so there will be at least RB, MB and Ferrari at the top.

This year I'm also really happy for Bottas, and really sad for Ricciardo.
And I guess Latifi will be doing his final year this year, if he even manages to stay full year...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

Max is aggressive as hell but honestly I think Lewis is the world champion whiner. I hope I never have to hear "Bono, my tires are gone" again during my lifetime

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
Agree - yesterdays fight was one of the best ones I've seen. The new cars really gives in to much more closer racing. Even if I'm a Max fan - I really hope Mercedes gets their **** together, so there will be at least RB, MB and Ferrari at the top.

And I guess Latifi will be doing his final year this year, if he even manages to stay full year...
Ditto…but I’ll add I’ll be happy to watch George beat out Lewis every race no matter where they stand on the grid!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I cant wait for Bottas to beat both George and Lewis in the same race. It sucks that his car died on Sunday, he was having a great battle with the Alpines. And how about Haas?! Kmag comes back and starts doing awesome outta nowhere. It's great to see!

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
I cant wait for Bottas to beat both George and Lewis in the same race. It sucks that his car died on Sunday, he was having a great battle with the Alpines. And how about Haas?! Kmag comes back and starts doing awesome outta nowhere. It's great to see!

I do like Bottas and hope he does well this season. Last year got to see K Mag at IMSA. It was fun to see him in endurance racing for the year. IMSA is great cause it draws racers from all over motor sports.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts

The new cars create much closer racing without so much trailing dirty air.

Merc will close the gap as the season progresses. They need to figure out ride height to combat porpoising down the straights without giving away too much low-speed downforce.

Owning a couple F-cars I'm super stoked for Leclerc and Sainz.

I'm most happy for Russell. He is a very promising young driver and sucked it up in a Williams biding his time. 2 seasons ago he almost won in the Mercedes. I'd love for him to take the fight to the other young drivers.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Max is aggressive as hell but honestly I think Lewis is the world champion whiner. I hope I never have to hear "Bono, my tires are gone" again during my lifetime

Yeah they are both whiny but at least Lewis isn't crashing into Max and leaving tire tracks on his helmet like Monza.

Lewis had bad luck yesterday could have boxed but Alonso was stalled at the pit lane entry and Hamilton didn't want to take a penalty. He would have been P6 if he boxed at that time.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts

Crazy KMag didn't even have a seat last month. I've long considered him an underrated driver it's nice to see him in the points. Wish Steiner was on the hot mic, he must be going beserk from the pit wall.

Haas didn't score a single point last season!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yeah they are both whiny but at least Lewis isn't crashing into Max and leaving tire tracks on his helmet like Monza.

Lewis had bad luck yesterday could have boxed but Alonso was stalled at the pit lane entry and Hamilton didn't want to take a penalty. He would have been P6 if he boxed at that time.
True, true. On the other hand you could point out that Lewis punted Max into a wall at 180mph and sent 51g through his body at Silverstone. That was scary stuff! I'm glad they aren't battling it out like that this year.

Charles and Max seem to enjoy racing eachother really hard but are still friends at the end of the race. Seeing them give eachother a thumbs up during the cooldown lap and congratulating eachother after race was really nice. Ferrari look very, very strong this year. I'm looking forward to some awesome battles in the coming months!

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Just an additional take here. I'm a big fan of most every driver at this point. I'm rooting for many of them to do the best they can. I want to see Max win several more championships, I want to see Lewis win his 8th and retire as the undisputed greatest of all time, I want to see Leclerc win one, Ricardo back to his best, etc...

I don't think it's quite fair to compare Lewis and Max in the ways most people do, although it does make sense because they are both racers and it's pretty easy to contrast racing style and racing temperament. Lewis is often heralded for his temperament, patience, fair and safe driving, incredible maturity and poise with the media, etc. These are traits often found in champions (of anything) at the end of a long and storied career. Max is often criticized for his immaturity (seen as arrogance), lack of poise with the media, impatience, aggressive driving, risk taking, etc... traits that often describe virtually every young man in his early 20's who is exceptional at his craft and trying to make a name for himself. Traits that also described Lewis pretty well when he was in his very early career. It's not fair to judge Max on the whole to Lewis when they are at entirely different stages of their careers, experience and personal development.

It's early this year, just two races, but what I have been most impressed with is Max's style this year vs last. Sure, maybe it is because he is against his friend Charles and not against his enemy Lewis. But maybe, Max has matured a bit since the circus win of last year, and perhaps his outlook on racing and winning has stepped up a notch. If so, let's give him credit. He is still just 24 years old. Whether he turns into the "man" we all want an F1 Champion to be or not, is not something that needed to happen by now, and he has a long time to develop. He will get there.

IMO, I like Max just the way he is. His personality fits RedBull, they LOVE being the underdogs and are at their best when they have a chip on their shoulder. That reminds me of myself and my business in the early years, before we matured into more of a Mercedes mindset.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
True, true. On the other hand you could point out that Lewis punted Max into a wall at 180mph and sent 51g through his body at Silverstone. That was scary stuff! I'm glad they aren't battling it out like that this year.

Charles and Max seem to enjoy racing eachother really hard but are still friends at the end of the race. Seeing them give eachother a thumbs up during the cooldown lap and congratulating eachother after race was really nice. Ferrari look very, very strong this year. I'm looking forward to some awesome battles in the coming months!
It's cool we can root for different drivers and still discuss F1 with civility. Don't see why F1 has to be different from NFL or college basketball.

F-chat there was much animosity betwen Pro Lewis and Anti Lewis fans and guys were always getting banned some permanently. I'd hate on Vettel and this one German guy would blow a gasket every time and eventually got banned LOL

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
On the one hand I hate Max and his pompous overly aggressive drive. On the other hand I'm glad he's doing well since I have a villain to root against in a meaningful wayfor hopefully most weekends this season.

I will forever take great pleasure in his and Perez' DNF's at Bahrain to start this season.

Schadenfreude :LOL:

1 - 20 of 221 Posts