Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for forum members opinions based upon experience with the various car shampoos. In the car detailing world, there is an endless amount of hype, and more than a healthy amount of exaggeration and I am curious what Shampoo’s forum members like and use.
I use Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam for my soap cannon, and Meguiar’s Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner for the soap buckets. For CCB’s though, I use something a little stronger but safe on the CCBs, that is, Simple Green Car Wash.
I am looking at some of Adam’s Shampoos, though, pricey, to include, Car Shampoo, Ultra Foam Shampoo and *Mega Foam, and I am curious if you have use or used these soaps, in your opinion, are they worth the extra money.

Attachments

·
Registered
SL #7007
428 Posts
Like you I use CG’s snow foam. I’ve loved it for years! I also love CG. I think all of my detailing products are from CG

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use the same Albert except for the Simple Green.

I do not get much pleasure in washing my cars, but I don't trust any of the pseudo detailers in my area.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't trust any of the pseudo detailers in my area.
Agree, I don't allow anyone to detail my sports cars for as we all know, no one will exercise the care nor do it as well as we can.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
194 Posts
I use the CG Honeydew Snow Foam also, for my soap canon as well as for the soap buckets. It's pH neutral so it's safe for the paint.

·
Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
73 Posts
are you ceramic coated? i stick with the honeydew, it doesn't have any added glossers or enhancers which are not good for ceramic coatings. Or anything else that is Ph neutral.

this one is good too: FicTech FOAM BUBBLE PH NEUTRAL 1L

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
248 Posts
I use the same Albert except for the Simple Green.

I do not get much pleasure in washing my cars, but I don't trust any of the pseudo detailers in my area.
Why not do a business development class to teach local teens some business skills, such as RUNNING A DETAILING BUSINESS, and then groom up a careful detailer while adding to the community, while you're at it?

·
Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
73 Posts
No ceramic coat and that will be the case with my incoming EVO.
I used to say the same thing, until I applied one, now on the 'wax is dead' train, threw out my Zymol porsche only wax and other marquees (you know the ones you apply by hand...I mean in your hand....activated from the heat of your palms).

if that is your poison then I'd go with a shampoo that has glosses and enhancers in it to enhance the wax job your likely applying. Tons of the other Chemical Guys blends have stuff in em, any of those would work. (ie: Citrus gloss and wash)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like using Pantene ProV . I sometimes use Johnson&Johnson. Protects and shines! What’s not to like?!!!
Head and shoulders also does the trick…

I use all of the ONR products (they also smell really good)…using microfiber mitts.
Blow dry with the elec leaf blower.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
i’ve found the mcguiars many time at costco ....but lately can find it there so pay more elsewhere with smaller container

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i’ve found the mcguiars many time at costco ....but lately can find it there so pay more elsewhere with smaller container
Mcguiar's Gold is a great soap, though, I prefer CC Honeydew for the soap cannon. BTW, Amazon is selling a gallon of Mcguiar's for $22.95.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
A gallon? GALLON? Do you use it on your waffles?
I have so much car shampoo I could easily supply a car detailer. I have probably 10 gallons of each............all kept in a temperature controlled environment. Man does not live by microfiber towels alone..........
I also use CG and Meg Gold Class.
Yes, I am very happy with the both but was curious if anyone had experience with the Adam's soaps.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have so much car shampoo I could easily supply a car detailer. I have probably 10 gallons of each............all kept in a temperature controlled environment. Man does not live by microfiber towels alone..........

Yes, I am very happy with the both but was curious if anyone had experience with the Adam's soaps.
So you store your shampoo in the wine cellar. Nice!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts