Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that 91 octane or higher is best for Exotics for any type of performance vehicle. However what is the best brand of gas Chevron, Costco, Shell...let's hear your thoughts folks.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,848 Posts
I have always used Chevron and most owners I know do the same. Not sure if there’s something better.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
There is an app called “Pure Gas” that will help you pinpoint ethanol free gas stations in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would mean that Costco gas is a "top tier" gas. I was told that Costco gas is the best gas in the industry by some of the local exotic owners but wanted to put this out there for the masses to comment on. I have had zero issues using Costco or Chevron here in the SLC, UT area...

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Yea Costco is on list and would use but lines at my local one are usually crazy long. Would seem weird sitting in line to save a few cents while in a car that costs a few hundred thousand

Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You make a great point. Chevron is my go to if Costco is a no go.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,848 Posts
Yea Costco is on list and would use but lines at my local one are usually crazy long. Would seem weird sitting in line to save a few cents while in a car that costs a few hundred thousand
Yes, that would seem a little odd. I go to Chevron simply because it is convenient and close to my house.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would stick to the top tier list of fuel brands.

FWIW

Maybe a best practice is to change fuel brands with every fill up as each brand has difference additives and switching fuels may help truly keep the fuel system clean.

I am also a fan of Chevron Techron's additive.

No matter the fuel brand, before an oil change, I had a bottle of Techron to a full tank to run through the fuel system, then change the oil - so to say briefly.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
I want to hold onto a car long enough to make the gas I purchase an issue. I am determined to hold on to the EVO but then again I have said that before. High octane is as far as I am willing to go and a gas station that looks like it was built in the modern era and not during the William Mckinley administration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts