Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a good ECU upgrade and potentially combine it with an aftermarket exhaust. Is there any company that does both for maybe 70 HP gain total? I've seen some exhausts claim 5-10% performance gain and some ECU tunes claiming another 5-10% gain but none with both.

I've also contacted Heffner but it seems like they don't do their twin turbo systems for the Aventador anymore. Underground is out of my budget.

So does anyone know a good ECU/exhaust combo or turbo under 50K?

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
157 Posts
You should be able to get an exhaust and tune for under $15K installed. It's up to you to decide which exhaust note you like best. Check out some of the Brilliant exhaust threads, or search YouTube for Aventador exhaust, though the videos can't do any of the systems justice. Still, it's a good starting point.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm trying to find a good ECU upgrade and potentially combine it with an aftermarket exhaust. Is there any company that does both for maybe 70 HP gain total? I've seen some exhausts claim 5-10% performance gain and some ECU tunes claiming another 5-10% gain but none with both.

I've also contacted Heffner but it seems like they don't do their twin turbo systems for the Aventador anymore. Underground is out of my budget.

So does anyone know a good ECU/exhaust combo or turbo under 50K?

What part of the country are you in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be able to get an exhaust and tune for under $15K installed. It's up to you to decide which exhaust note you like best. Check out some of the Brilliant exhaust threads, or search YouTube for Aventador exhaust, though the videos can't do any of the systems justice. Still, it's a good starting point.
Does any ECU tune go well with any exhaust? While I do prefer some exhaust notes over others, it's usually difficult to tell from videos and it's not super important for me. I'd rather go with something that has more performance over the other, and I'm not sure what combo would work best with the tune.

What part of the country are you in?
California and Nevada at the moment.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
157 Posts
Does any ECU tune go well with any exhaust? While I do prefer some exhaust notes over others, it's usually difficult to tell from videos and it's not super important for me. I'd rather go with something that has more performance over the other, and I'm not sure what combo would work best with the tune.

California and Nevada at the moment.
Oooh, California, be careful with that. Where will the car be registered and more importantly inspected at? Many of the exhausts out there sound as good as they do because they remove the catalytic converters, which is gonna be a problem in CA. No idea about Nevada, but I'd find out before going that far. There are still better sounding exhausts even if you leave the cats on, but it may not be the same.

There are a lot of places that claim various gains from an exhaust and tune, but I've yet to see a dyno sheet other than VF Engineering. I did a fair amount of research and then went with the best sounding exhaust and got the car tuned locally at a shop in Houston. I had wanted to get a before and after dyno but there weren't any shops with AWD dynos that wanted to deal with an Aventador. Wish I could be more help here.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,243 Posts
Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,243 Posts
This and a full entire car expel PPF, expel ceramic tint on the windows. You gotta protect these examples as we are down to the end of the run folks...
I'm fully wrapped as well.

Reactions: Lamborghinifam
1 - 9 of 9 Posts