Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a chance to spend a few weeks with my recently purchased 2007 Bentley Continental GT. It is an incredible Grand Touring car. When it first arrived, I was surprised by the massive size and weight of the car. I was expecting something smaller and more nimble. It took me a little while to get the feel of driving it. If I am heavy footed, the car seems to shrink and it comes alive. One has to use that massive engine and brakes to get the car going and stopping like a sport car. When I am gentle on the pedals, it feels like a lumbering boat. When I mash the throttle, it surges forward and can really fly. At the end of the day, the car weighs a massive amount (I think the door sticker shows well over 6000 lbs) so it will never shine in the corners. For what it is, I am in love. This is my commuter and I could not ask for better. Dead quiet. Super comfortable. It gets up and goes when needed. On a road trip it was perfection. I cruised through twisting country roads like the were nothing. Never leaned in the corners, and at the same time glided over rough terrain. It made the long drive a relaxing pleasure. It is a different kind of driving than a Lamborghini provides. The Bentley is a crazy fast cruiser that is a pleasure on a long trip.

I also have to say I have had more female interest in this car than anything else I have ever owned. Caught me by surprise. If anyone is trying to impress the ladies in their lives, I think I have stumbled on a gem.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Great looking GT. I think they look very cool and super luxurious. I got to drive a red one several years ago and really was impressed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I used to have one as a daily driver and they really offer a unique blend of comfort and fun with road presence that is hard to match. I only sold mine for fear of having the dreaded “vac line running on top of the transmission” issue that most cars prior to 08 eventually experience

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
vey classy car! Timeless

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Have done 2 testdrives around 30 minutes or so each time. The level of craftmanship is superlative from the hand-stitching to the wood inlays to the double-paned windows.

However, I got no visceral excitement out of the test drives. Honestly, it was like driving a land yacht. The car is super big and heavy. Given the choice I would buy an S-class coupe and save $100K.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
It's a Beauty. Sounds like you're using it exactly as its' intended, so appreciating it the way it was meant to be appreciated

Given the choice I would buy an S-class coupe and save $100K.
Ouch, that's a bit harsh, huh? Understand the point made, but S-class? There's some pretty good deals to be had if you can accept a used BCGT......

Mercedes S-class = :poop: = better off buying Genesis ('tis but a jest, haha)
had one, OMG I will never never never buy another. Avoid the hype, there is so much out there better and Mercedes has been sourcing parts and building car in CHINA, run away.

Sorry, I know it's just my opinion, but I had an excruciatingly bad experience and that struck a nerve

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries guys. I get the sentiment.

My Bentley is a 2007. 30K miles. Paid $48K. Seemed like a good deal for a great car to me. Wouldn't consider a new one.

Wife has a Mercedes. It's fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.