Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a double lift and looked through previous postings in here. Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

I'm leaning toward the Bendpak PL-6KDTX (spec sheet attached). Naturally the sales guy says "this is perfect for your application" but he didn't exactly take a lot of time going through the differences in capabilities or benefits/drawbacks between models and brands. I'm not going to be doing heavy maintenance on the cars, the purpose is primarily for storage space.

Positives: I think the cables hanging down look great. It comes with extra wide posts, so I don't have to squeeze cars underneath between the posts. Particularly important with a teenaged driver in the house.

Negatives: Cost is twice or more than other options. Not a deal breaker, but at $20k installed it's def a consideration. This model needs to be bolted to the floor. My understanding is that other 4 posts come on wheels so when there isn't a car on them they can be repositioned. The platforms to lift the cars are solid, so there isn't access to get under the vehicles. I don't plan on doing a ton of maintenance, but I'm planning on pickin up a muscle car, and it would be nice to be able to at least change the oil and detail the underneath. The plaforms could be used to store things (tool boxes, snow blowers, motorcycles,etc). The platforms seem to have lips on the edges. And with the width being 82", I'm wondering if I could still get my lifted jeep on there, as rubber to rubber it measures 83". Also, Aventadors are 80" according to spec sheet, and I hope to own one.

If there are other lift brands models you recommend, and other considerations I'm missing I'd appreciate your insight. I was also worried about the hanging platforms being able to swing and knock into each other, which the sales guy says doesn't happen, but...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Good point. Bendpak recommended a company to install, I'll make sure they do an survey.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the installer recommended by Bendpak came out and totally spooked me. So this particular extra wide model will not fit. They do make a "normal" width version PL-6KDT, but even that seems to be a bit tight, and that it gets permanently mounted into the floor... has me thinking. The installer had a few horror stories about Bendpak installs he had done in the past, and sells a different brand (imagine that), Rotary, but they don't make a double. At any rate, need to do more research.

My goals: Smallest footprint, durable and easy to use, low maintenance, preferably portable to move between either of the garages (at the same home), ideally can lift an aventador and my modified jeep.

Looking at the Bendpak PL-7000DLX as well, but the sales guy at Bendpak is not very helpful either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.