Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I posted that I’m looking for wheels for sale, and I got flooded with a bunch of scammers. They are downloading pictures from the forum and acting like they’re selling the parts, be careful in paying anyone without making 100% it’s legit. Pay through PayPal
I’ll put the phone numbers I have of the scammers and if anyone else would like to expose a scammer add it below.

415-895-7534
854-220-8212

a member named Lanvr5
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,369 Posts
What a bunch of lowlifes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes absolute lowlifes. The low of the low, looking to rip peoples hard working money off their hand

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
256 Posts
Yep I've experienced the same thing on this forum. Be careful and make sure that they have post history and have them take current pics with a date or items you request to be present in provided photos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes exactly that’s what I was doing. Some people might not look into and fall for the scam

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
Yes absolute lowlifes. The low of the low, looking to rip peoples hard working money off their hand
It will come back to them eventually.

Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Yes karma is heavy
Yes, but not enough for many of us. Look at all the people impacted by the CNC Ponzi scheme they have been hurt and are still hurting. The old saying an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.......Karma is good but avoiding the problem is better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, but not enough for many of us. Look at all the people impacted by the CNC Ponzi scheme they have been hurt and are still hurting. The old saying an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.......Karma is good but avoiding the problem is better.
Yes I agree

·
Registered
43 Posts
paulnelson391 posted on my "looking for spyder" post that he had one. first he picked the wrong color and it was a right hand drive car, then he sends me the color I am lookimg for but won't send me the vin # but days he will sell it to me for half of what it should be. Some of these guys think we were born yesterday. I am sure they will get someone. Watch out for this guy on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Having a Scammer list would definitely help keep the light on them and cause them to work harder to try and scam the forum members. This is a great idea.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you for mentioning this.

I don't want to falsely accuse anyone here, but there's a car listed for sale here that I've pm'ed about asking very specific questions and for more pictures and only get the response of "call me at this number" after providing my email several times. I'm hesitant to call without some more proof as it sets off my "too good to be true alarm"

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thank you for mentioning this.

I don't want to falsely accuse anyone here, but there's a car listed for sale here that I've pm'ed about asking very specific questions and for more pictures and only get the response of "call me at this number" after providing my email several times. I'm hesitant to call without some more proof as it sets of my "too good to be true alarm"
The only way you can protect yourself and other members of this forum is to call it out. Nothing wrong with seeking advice and counsel from fellow Lamborghini owners. Post it here and will let you know if it's legit or not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only way you can protect yourself and other members of this forum is to call it out. Nothing wrong with seeking advice and counsel from fellow Lamborghini owners. Post it here and will let you know if it's legit or not.
It's the 115/112K LP560. There's only two white pictures and the poster seems to be a nice person but won't email or post additional pictures of the interior. I also asked what the closest local deal was for a PPI and got the same "call me" response. I would literally schedule a PPI for it tomorrow and buy it at the listed price if everything checked out but the whole interaction has left me fealing uneasy. Not sure why people can't email pictures.

Edit
The poster has a pretty long post history with information about the car so it's probably legit and I'm worried about nothing and being overly cautious.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I reckon this warning of scammers should be at the top PERMANENTLY of "wanted to buy" and "wanted to sell" - I've been contacted about 4 times. Every time I post on here some like "WTB >>>>>>>>" the next day a (different appearing) guy with a 1 feedback sends me, from tapatalk "contact XXXXXXX he has one for sale" - I don't even bother to reply........... if the scammer hasn't got a LOT of posts on here don't waste your time. Just my 2 cents worth (from a virtually Covid free) Australia.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is CRAZY!! This same number, 415-895-7534 almost scammed me!!!! He is pretending to be a member on here and selling a car that was already listed, an 06 Gallardo SE. The real seller sold the car in January. He was obsessed with bitcoin and insisted I pay him for the car entirely with bitcoin. I will do a write-up of my experience. He is pretending to be Bryon Graves; he even has a fake email and pictures of the car, the title, etc to scam people.

The real Bryon Graves listed an 06 Gallardo SE for 105k under user luv2flypilot

The fake Bryon Graves privately messaged me under a new user "bgltf" saying he had a gallardo for 78k. He then sent me pics of the very same Gallardo SE claiming to be Bryon. He was obsessed with bitcoin, would not shut up about it. Insisted I pay in bitcoin to conceal funds from his wife. Said he lived in Bay Area and would get the car PPI'd in San Diego (WTF). I asked how far San Diego is and he said 4 hours... that's a 9 hour drive though. He also just asked bizarre questions and I knew something was off. If he hadn't insisted on bitcoin, I would have sent a deposit and flown out... hope this dude gets hit by a truck. Scammers infuriate me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Additionally, from my WTB post, I had a guy, username @Michaelvin with a white LP560 spyder for only 75k, mint car. Obviously a scam. I just blew him up on his "introduction" post. ****ing fraudsters. This should seriously be pinned. Aside from the usual obvious scams, there are people putting serious time/effort into appearing real and lining up all their ducks to steal from people. When this kind of money is involved we want to protect people who may not be aware of things like this.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
This is the new America.......gentlemen, I am surprised at you, Scammers lives matter! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts