Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides winter months, I was wondering if hooking your battery to a battery tender even if you drive the car everyday is bad for it, or will it extend the batteries life.

Thanks for those who answered!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,617 Posts
I drive mine weekly sometimes I miss a week. When I replaced the battery my mechanic told me unless I'm driving it daily to hook it up. When you allow a battery to discharge it can never return to the original level and through time it will eventually shorten the life.

My original battery lasted only 3 years, had I used the battery tender It could have lasted 5 or 6.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
my battery is now 6 years old. i just plug it in as i don't drive it every week.

daily driven, you don't need a tender. if you drive it less than once a week, it's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
Getting 6 years out of a battery is brilliant. In Australia, I am lucky to get 3. I use a trickle charger too.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't drive everyday, but I keep it plugged in all the time. It a set & forget with the battery maintainer, will keep the battery healthy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I use them on every car in the garage.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Any one in particular that is recommended by you guys? The #1 seller on amazon is a Deltran "12V Battery Tender Jr." Seems good enough?

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts
Is that a gallardo?

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts
In lambo's you don't need them like other exotics. At least for the Gallardo, it really isn't needed, but I guess if it sits for more than 2 weeks I'd say yes, but these cars do great with batteries if not sitting for more than 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,617 Posts
I seldom used one on my Gallardo, I’m told with the Huracan’s additional electronics it is a good idea to always use a battery tender if you expect the battery to last beyond 3 years.

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
My cousin has one for his Gallardo but hardly remembers to put it on. Clients Huracan definitely needs his battery tender on all the time. I have always had one on my Diablo. It was something I was told to do first up so I continued. I did go away for a book launch for 3 weeks and forgot to put the battery tender on. When I returned, the Diablo fired up but not as easily as it normally would have when the tender was connected.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts