Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

What battery do most go with for their Huracan's? I am noticing a hard start issue even when consistently on the tender. That in turn triggers the at first alarming 4wd code that goes away...on the next restart. Just looking for real world opinions before I put Hendrix away for the VA winter.

V/r

Kaine

·
Registered
Huracan Performante TT
1,157 Posts
Mine is 3 years old and is also hard to start...I am changing to a Lithium light weight

·
Registered
268 Posts
I ordered Liteblox. It is LiFePO4. as far as I know these are the safest, most durable ones currently.

One of the main reasons I ordered is that It has auto suspend so even if you leave the car for a long time or leave it with the lights on, it doesn't fully discharge and you can always start the car.

link: An innovative lightweight starter battery for performance cars & motorsport

I will have it installed this week.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,868 Posts
That’s pretty cool. Hopefully I won’t need one anytime soon. The evolution to lighter and smaller batteries has really been slow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much appreciated. Is it a chore to swap the battery? I did not notice a diy for that in the sticky section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd take a look at the Antigravity LifeP04 batteries honestly as they're reasonable in price, offer a lot of features and are direct OE replacement in size (but not weight!). They have built-in circuit protection and a remote start feature which saves enough juice in the battery if voltage drops below a certain point. They give you two key fobs, just stick one in your glove box. If it's ever needed, just push the button and your car will now start.

The Hurican uses a standard H7 case and AG has them up to 80Ah in that size. Due to the fact the internal resistance is just a fraction of a normal AGM or flooded lead acid, you won't need as many Ah. Plus they're stupid light. The 40Ah is 45 pounds lighter than the OE battery (this is what I use). The 60Ah is 18 pounds and I think the 80Ah is in the 20-22lb. range. I would go here, www.redmistracing.com and contact them via email for best pricing. You can see everything they have to offer on their site, LITHIUM BATTERIES, MICRO-STARTS – Antigravity Batteries

The Litebox certainly looks interesting but as far as I know, the battery is not a stressed member of the chassis, LOL :). Their cells are made in the same battery factory as everyone else's cells. Lots of unnecessary hype on that site. I don't work for AG but I was making LifeP04 batteries for motorcycles a decade ago so very familiar with the tech, requirements and construction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks AF. I will look into that. I assume you haven't experienced hard starts since transitioning to the LifeP04?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts