Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Christopher Nolan and Nathan Crowley created the Tumbler Batmobile for the 2005-2012 Batman movie series... they wanted to achieve a cross between a Lamborghini and a Tank. And the rest, they say, is history...

Since Bruce Wayne (by day) is such a Lamborghini Enthusiast (2005 Batman Begins = Murcielago, 2008 Dark Knight = Murcielago LP640, 2012 Dark Knight Rises = Aventador LP700)... and most of us Lambo guys are such gearheads... I thought you all would get a kick out of my newest garage member.

Introducing my current build project: The 2021 Full Metal Tumbler Batmobile

Currently being built in California by Marc Irvin & RPM Productions. I purchased the Full Size / Full Metal Tumbler back in February. The builder: Marc Irvin, who helped create/build the T-Rex for The Lost World Jurassic Park, Godzilla (for the original 1998 film), the Queen Alien (from Alien v. Predator)... and much more — decided to make the Tumbler for himself as a showcase / passion project 9 years ago. So Marc had been building this in his spare time at his shop for 9 years whenever his schedule allowed! Marc documented his build series in 8 parts on his personal YouTube channel. But due to his busy schedule, the project was shelved for most of the last 5 years...

Marc and I became friends over the course of the last year (working on my Tumbler Golf Cart together, which was completed in February). Every time I saw Marc, I would ask about the “big boy”, and what his plans were. He hinted he might sell it someday but that several interested parties wanted to see it “finished” first. I let him know I was his guy and would buy it as-is, any day, any time, and would pay up front before completion since I already know his amazing building skills. And I still truly cannot think of anyone more qualified or talented to be building this vehicle. I hope you guys love it as much as I do!!

Marc took personal offense that the production company who actually built the Tumbler stated: "It was built in the UK because American's only know how to make things of Cardboard". So this Tumbler will be fully metal / sheetmetal (rather than fiberglass), use 3/4 ton axles, hydraulic steering, roof that actually opens the way the movie intended, etc. etc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Absolutely incredible build! Glad im not the only one that has Batman related inspiration for vehicle purchases!😂

Reactions: LAMBO_JESUS

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback and replies =). We have made a TON of progress on this thing. Parts 2 and 3 are live on YouTube. And the vehicle is in process to be completed by October 15th, 2021.

Part 2:

Part 3:

I LITERALLY can't believe it's REAL 😁 :cool:

Reactions: DXM31
1 - 13 of 13 Posts