Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ISLERO 400 GT (S)
The Islero can be seen as the forgotten Lamborghini, all attention was drawn by the Espada and, of course, the Miura. Technical the Islero is similar to the 400 GT 2+2, with a restyled body designed by Mario Marazzi. The Islero was presented at the 1968 Salon de Geneve, where it was standing next to the incredible Espada. The first Islero's had a bad built-quality, and after they had built 125 cars, it was replaced by the GTS version, witch had a complete new interior, up rated suspension and a 350 Hp engine (from the Miura S), the top speed was 259 Km/h.

ISLERO 400 GT(S)
Production no. - 225
Production years - '68-'69
Driven wheels - rear
Place engine - front
No. seats - 2+2
Engine type - V12 4 OHC
Engine size (cc) - 3929
Max. power (Hp/Rpm) - 320 / 7500 -(S=350)
Max. torque (Nm/Rpm) - 391 / 5500

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
has anyone on here ever seen one? i know a retired ortho who owned one way back when...said it was a service nightmare.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Hell, I only ever saw my first Espada a few weeks ago. They don't even have one in the Sant'agata museum!

It was in terrible shape in the service area of the local dealer. Hopefully they'll fix it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
they have one in museum ...may be it was out of building but i am pretty much sure there is a very nice one in it! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well here is some tyre specification

The Lamborghini Islero fitted a full profile tyre the Pirelli Cinturato HS 205VR15 CN72. here is a link to the Cinturato web site https://www.cinturato.net/pirelli-cinturato-cn72

You can still have Borrani wheels made for this car Lamborghini Islero wheels

I'm not sure if people understand tyre size descriptions;

with a tyre size such as 205/70VR15, the width of the tyre is 205mm wide at the fattest point of the tyre. and the height of the side wall of the tyre is 70% of the width, = 143mm

Therefore the tyre that later Lamborghin's such as the later Espada 3 fitted 215/70VR15 will have a tyre side wall height of 150.5mm

However these earlier tyres, from before low profile tyres were invented, would not mention the aspect ration, as there was no need in the 50's and 60's because there was no choice. A full profile tyre such as the 205VR15 Cinturato CN72 HS will have a side wall height that is 80% of the width = 164mm, so these tyres are over half an inch taller in radius than the later 215/70VR15, and that makes quite a difference on a car like this. the wheel arches look empty.

from the left 205/70VR15 XWX, 205VR15 Cinturato CN72 & right 215/70VR15 XWX

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts