Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My first post on here, I'm not an owner, however, I will shortly be helping a good friend of mine find homes for cars which his father collected for a number of years before his death 2 years ago.

In his collection there are two Diablo's. One with delivery mileage. The other have less than 5,000km.

Is there a good way of valuing these beauties? They are both in perfect working order (they were started and run on a regular basis), but valuing the cars is the issue for me as I do not have much experience with Lamborghini's other than loving how they look and sound.

Just as an idea in the collection there are a number of Ferrari's, Porsche 911 Race Cars, a Bentley Race car from the 30's, a Bugatti EB 110 SS, a Bugatti Type 57, 2 Mercedes 300SL (gullwing) and the jewel in the crown a Maserati 250F.
Along with a number of Alfa's, Lancia's and Fiat's.

I will receive a video of the cars later this week prior to me going to southern Italy to make a full appraisal next month.

Are there any sites or knowledgable people who could help me value the cars?

Many thanks

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not drive the Lamborghinis even though they look like perfect working order.
I’m sure the engine and seals will need a thorough check up
'Apparently' all of the cars were 'maintained' by a mechanic throughout their life in the barn (which was actually a warehouse as 65 cars in a barn is a bit tricky!).

I would suggest that all of the cars will need a certain amount of recommissioning anyway.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would highly recommend you contact Iain Tyrrell who owns Tyrrell’s Classic Workshop.

Although he is in the UK, he does consulting worldwide and has amazing connections. If your friend wants to get the most for his collection Iain is your man.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Firstly, Welcome Mark!
That sounds like an enthusiasts dream come true. Please post pictures when you are able.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Welcome, Looking forward to the video or pics!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Your best bet may be John Temerian of Curated in Miami. They specialize in Vintage Lamborghinis. He would also probably be interested in some of the other vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
No argument, they are a passionate people but not in any big hurry.......and that goes for everything they/we do. :giggle:

Reactions: GeoffCapes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’ve been told that I will be receiving a video on Thursday. Prior to my visit next month.

But as they’re Italian it’ll probably be next week!:ROFLMAO:
In true Italian fashion the Government have locked the warehouse until some (more) inheritance tax has been paid!

This was paid yesterday. The padlock will be removed today or tomorrow and a video can be made early next week.

So we’ll call it the week after to be on the safe side.
I will be flying out there in 3 weeks anyway.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Has anyone suggested contacting one of the large Auction houses? Sotheby's, Bohnams, Mecum, etc.

With the cars you listed, that collection might warrant its own auction. The auction houses have teams of experts on hand to value potential sales. Commissions would be involved, but it would probably be a simple way to sell the whole collection at once for top dollar. Auction house would probably take care of a lot of the leg work.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
If you are interested in selling the whole lot to one person and one payment fully funded and wired...I WOULD be interested in taking a look at them and giving you a firm offer.

I dont think there are any other dealers here in the USA or even in "Florida" that can provide full funding in 24 hours. Most just dont have that high a flooring allowance. I have all the money myself, no need for flooring loans or funds.

Let me know

Thanks Roy

[email protected]
425-787-6200

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Has anyone suggested contacting one of the large Auction houses? Sotheby's, Bohnams, Mecum, etc.

With the cars you listed, that collection might warrant its own auction. The auction houses have teams of experts on hand to value potential sales. Commissions would be involved, but it would probably be a simple way to sell the whole collection at once for top dollar. Auction house would probably take care of a lot of the leg work.
We have a guy at Sotheby’s who is interested in putting them in the May Monaco auction but they want 12% commission which is ridiculous.

I have quite a few connections and think I can sell the majority of the cars that way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you are interested in selling the whole lot to one person and one payment fully funded and wired...I WOULD be interested in taking a look at them and giving you a firm offer.

I dont think there are any other dealers here in the USA or even in "Florida" that can provide full funding in 24 hours. Most just dont have that high a flooring allowance. I have all the money myself, no need for flooring loans or funds.

Let me know

Thanks Roy

[email protected]
425-787-6200
Hi Roy,

I think most of the ‘lower value’ (sub 50k) cars I can comfortably find homes for.
The Integrale’s are all sold already.

The rest are up for grabs (so to speak). The Maserati 250F is the jewel in the crown. And depending on Chassis number could be worth 500k or 50m!

Once I have done a full appraisal I’ll be in a better position to advise you of what we will have and what we are looking for price wise.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts