Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to install an aftermarket media player with an aftermarket backup camera for my Gallardo 2004. How does the media player know when reverse is engaged, where to get a trigger signal for the media player or is it already connected with the car stock wiring? My car has the stock casette/CD player at the moment with no factory backup camera.

·
Registered
113 Posts
On most aftermarket head units, the rear camera wire hooks to the reverse light 12v wire (ie; the rear white light when reversing). Once the head unit sees 12v when the car is in reverse it turns on the "back up" camera.

Im sure you can find that wire in the drivers sill loom heading to the back of the car.

Remove the rear taillight and probe/test the wires and find the rear back up light circuit. remember the color of the wire. Then trace that wire to somewhere inside the cabin. (again... prob in the drivers side loom next to the seat under the carpet)

·
Registered
113 Posts
The actual light switch could be at the gated shifter on a manual (when in reverse) and in the dash somewhere for an EGear... so going to the actual light circuit will same some headache.

Im sure someone in here has done this already and located the wire in a simple place but this will get ya going. ;)

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo Superleggera LP570-4
23 Posts
You have two triggers, I forget which way round they are but one is pin2 in connector C (Green) on the back of the OEM head unit (Labelled RFSL), the other is CAN bus related.

I think the RFSL outputs 12v when you press the camera button on the centre console and the reverse gear uses CANBUS but like it say, it might be the other way around.

Reactions: beastomaniac
1 - 4 of 4 Posts