Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AUTO SPIES WORLD EXCLUSIVE: More hot Lambo news
6/16/2005

Lamborhini's failed attempts to revitalize the 80's junior sports car called the Jalpa may be a step nearer thanks to Audi's engineering assistance.

The intension is a smaller car, drawn in the Gallardo mould but using a tuned Audi sourced V8 of around 330-bhp.

Just as with their Italian rivals, Lamborghini will also offer nothing more complex than a 6-speed manual gearbox and a hard lid. However, lightweight materials will make the tractor manufacturers car more agile and hopefully more rapid than Ferrari’s with a projected 4.5 secs to 60-mph and a 190-mph to speed.

You may find the Geneva motor show in 2008 the place to be.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
And there you go, an Audi Engine in a Lamborghini. That was bound to happen... Much to the degredation of the Mark. No more Lamborghini's, just Audi Mongrels!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hope that doesn't happen. It would be better than a crossover, and even though I'm glad about Lambo's ownership, I would never want to see an actual Four Rings engine under the hood.

Although they did use what is basically half of a Gallardo V10 in the new Jetta. That's fine, but not the other way around, please!!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Ben, I guarantee it's going to happen the temptation is way to great for them, besides it's makes financial sense, which unfortunatley ALWAYS clashes with the preservation of a brand. Lamborghini is being re-invented, and for no good reason other than to satisfy Audi which of course has a better idea.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
what's next ?
lambo tdi V6....
audi leave your engine for skoda and seat please
i would prefer to buy a 250 urraco than a lambaudi like this :mad:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
miuracorse2913 said:
I hope that doesn't happen. It would be better than a crossover, and even though I'm glad about Lambo's ownership, I would never want to see an actual Four Rings engine under the hood.
You already have an Audi engine in your car, the Gallardo has nothing else than the V8 of the 4,2l S4 with 2 cylinders more...
The engines were produced in hungary in the VW/Audi engine factory :wave:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well said Raymond...(it's a TT Roadster speaking here :p )
And all in all, doesn't this keep Lamborghini alive...isn't it better than what happened to Bugatti, DeLorean, DeTomaso, etc... ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
It would also serve to bolster demand on the older "Italian" Lamborghini's like the Jalpa, Countach etc. The new cars don't have the charm of the older ones, Germans don't know how to build that in like the Italians. Prices will rise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
raymond said:
You already have an Audi engine in your car, the Gallardo has nothing else than the V8 of the 4,2l S4 with 2 cylinders more...
The engines were produced in hungary in the VW/Audi engine factory :wave:
At least it was detuned for Lamborghini useage. My allroad has the 4.2, it doesn't feel anything like the Gallardo's V10.
The Gallardo's engine is being used in the upcoming Audi S6. And they say it's the Lamborghini Gallardo engine, not an Audi engine with a pair of extra pots slapped on.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Of course, what potential Audi buyer wouldn't want a Lamborghini engine in their car. It's pure marketing BS. That's the whole point in cross platt forming, to confuse and decieve the buyer and, of course please Wall Street. Purist come last. :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
Point taken. However, one way or another, I still feel that there are many differences in the feel and the performance of the G's engine and the Audi's engine. It's simple fact that they did more than weld on two extra cylinders.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, if they throw old threads up then I will exhume them.

Here's something Lambo could do: Swipe the idea for the Lancia Stratos lock, stock and V6 from LanciaFerrariFiatCandyTrojanAlfaRomeoNescafe or whatever the company's called now.

Just saw a V12 in half, put it in some pocket-rocket wildly impractical and utterly sexy off-road-capable high-strung screamer, and watch sales get stolen from, wait, there IS no sexy off-road-capable high-strung screamer market segment YET.

This stuff ain't rocket science, but bean counters are not famous for having the faintest clue about the concept of brand loyalty.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually, they are exhuming corpses and offering them to us in the Suggested Posts.

They choose to do that, I choose to comment on them. Some of the stuff is gold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts