Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering what percentage of wear you are getting on your clutch's with E-Gear based on yearly mileage, whatever you are getting between snap tests. I get a snap test done every year during the annual service.
For the last three years I have been getting 2% clutch wear from about 1,200 to 1,500 miles per year. I'm trying to figure out if that is average for the miles or to much?
Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I purchased my car it had 60% and 7,500 miles, within a few hundred miles it went out. Almost $20k for new everything. Since sold it since I had too much stop and go driving and a 6 level parking garage which just eat it up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow craft! That went fast for you. I'm pretty lucky as I am able to avoid stop and go traffic and going up hills and reversing. At my 2% per year wear with my mileage I should be good for quite some time. I want to hold off the clutch replacement as long as I can. I'm pretty much counting on the 20 grand when it does need to be done though. Sorry you didn't get more use out of yours.

·
Vendor
1,705 Posts
Wow craft! That went fast for you. I'm pretty lucky as I am able to avoid stop and go traffic and going up hills and reversing. At my 2% per year wear with my mileage I should be good for quite some time. I want to hold off the clutch replacement as long as I can. I'm pretty much counting on the 20 grand when it does need to be done though. Sorry you didn't get more use out of yours.
Avoid stop and go as much as you can because we estimate 60-70% of clutch wear happens when you're taking off from a stop.

·
Registered
212 Posts
This can be a great statistical analysis if enough owners respond.

FWIW
I do not own a Murcie.
My understanding was to expect on average 10K mileage out of a clutch....if using as "somewhat" of a daily driver...errands, dinner dates, Cars & Coffee, back road jaunts.
Reverse gear operation, using auto mode, and San Francisco hill starts, high rpm down shifting to a stop (but the fun of that), slow driving up driveways or ramps and, as mentioned above, stop & go traffic are all major clutch "killer" wear actions.

Lots of variables for this statistical analysis, yet good luck and thank you for posting this question.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I cannot comment for E-Gear but my manual Muci had the clutch replaced 10K ago. I recently had the engine out and measured the wear on the clutch to be 0.05-0.1 mm on the disc with no significant discoloration on the pressure plate and flywheel. The allowable wear is 1.5 mm so as you can imagine I re-installed it and sleep like a baby doing so. I think that wear has a huge amount to do with how the car is driven and an understanding of the clutch and when it is prone to the most wear. I'm not afraid to drive my car hard but I'm also very gentle pulling away and do my best to avoid excessive slipping when it is not necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts