Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, thinking about trading in my Gallardo for 2013-2014 Aventador. Will probably keep for 1-1.5 years, how bad would depreciation be?
Would you rather fully buy it, lease it, or finance it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
You're picking a pretty rough time to buy. Updated models will hit soon. If you spend upper $300k's look to get lower $300's in 1.5 years on a trade in. Unless you attempt to sell yourself... I'd budget to lose $60-$75k. You might consider a 2012 that has a good pedigree and can be bought for $320's all day. May only lose $25-$30k... Obviously all speculation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I havent been able to find a 2012 aventador under 350k. All under 350k have issues, early VINS with transmission issues or auction sold cars...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I havent been able to find a 2012 aventador under 350k. All under 350k have issues, early VINS with transmission issues or auction sold cars...
You're exactly right...stay away from 2012 unless u want headaches. 2014 is a good year because of the many bugs that were fixed with this car. Did u consider leasing a 2014 for 1 year? It may be worth it if you're not planning to hold on to it, and there's a few Lambo dealers who still have some laying around.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're exactly right...stay away from 2012 unless u want headaches. 2014 is a good year because of the many bugs that were fixed with this car. Did u consider leasing a 2014 for 1 year? It may be worth it if you're not planning to hold on to it, and there's a few Lambo dealers who still have some laying around.
I don't keep cars longer than 7-8 months, I always fully purchased. In this case for the car like Aventador I'm considering either leasing or financing, don't know which one would be a better choice, here in Ontario we also pay 13% tax on everything even cars. 2013-2014 sounds good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts