Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m curious if there such a big difference in the aventador and the aventador s to justify a 100K+ price difference
Anyone have experience in both?

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
157 Posts
I've never driven the LP700-4, but all the reviews I read and watched indicated that the S is a big improvement in handling and livability. I don't notice the 4 wheel steering at high speeds, but at low speeds it definitely feels like a much smaller car. And I use Ego mode all the time, keeping the steering and suspension in Strada. It's actually quite good over bumpy roads, something I can't say for the Audi R8. Since I plan on driving the car frequently, I wanted the best driving version I could find. The S outdoes all the other versions in this regards, though it's not as exciting as the SV or SVJ. The digital dash display looks really good too.

I found the following youtube reviews particularly helpful in making my decision.

This next video directly compares the S differences to the SV, which lacks the newer features of the S.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I test drove both. I could not appreciate any real difference in drivability.

Both were fantastic.

Go with what your heart tells you!!
This is exactly what is was looking for. I’m sure on the track A pro driver will be able to tell you it’s a world of a difference but for me the guy that’s going to just drive it hard on highways and between the lights is it really 100k+ better

·
Registered
372 Posts
I test drove both. I could not appreciate any real difference in drivability.

Both were fantastic.

Go with what your heart tells you!!
Agreed. In the real world, it's basically same same.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes, there is a difference. Pre S models do have a wide range in sound, even car by car to some extent. This is due to exhaust style AND ability to tune the car for better exhaust sound. Used to be a tune offered by Lambo for extra fee. Then some shops would still do it if asked. So a stock exhaust absolutely can sound different based on valve and software adjustments.

As a general statement the S, in my opinion, has some really nice pops, with more frequency, if that’s what you like in sound. On the flip side my 16 was tuned under special circumstances (not the norm adjustment) and sounded like nothing I’d ever heard before or since. But prior to that, I would say it had less pops but more Italian growl.

Driving - there really was a difference. The S handles more like the early Huracans. Can’t say I noticed much difference at higher speeds between the two on track because I never took the AVs out to push them. But at lower speeds like in town and parking it was a big difference.The S feels “smaller” and more maneuverable. Easier to park, get through city traffic, etc. For me, this made it more enjoyable to take out. Can’t say I would have appreciated the nuance had it been my first AV. But it is definitely a difference you enjoy with time in the saddle so to speak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts