Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am thinking of buying an Aventador SVJ (new-ish / barely used 2021). What holds me back is the potential of Lamborghini releasing an even better SVJ as their "final edition". Perhaps more horsepower, upgraded infotainment, smoother/quicker single clutch etc.

I know its all speculation but... What do you think about the potential of one last SVJ? Should we expect it to happen? If yes, when?

I cannot see why they wouldn't want to do something even more extreme before the NA V12 is sent to graveyard and everything becomes electrified. Would most definitely get sold out quickly too. Any big international car shows coming up where Lamborghini might present something?

SPECULATE FREELY 馃榿(y)

Cheers

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
"The YouTuber who uploaded this video claims the car will be badged the Aventador S Jota and could have 10 hp more than the SVJ but lack some of its wild aerodynamic components. Production could be capped at roughly 700 units.

This isn鈥檛 the first time a mysterious Lamborghini Aventador has been spied without any camouflage in the last year. In August 2020, a bright green Aventador was spied at a VW facility without any camouflage and also rocking the same rear fascia as the SVJ. Like the prototype featured in this video, it also lacked the fixed-wing of the SVJ and a traditional engine cover. Rather than featuring an engine cover like other Aventador models, its 6.5-liter V12 engine was exposed to the elements and only shielded by some pieces of carbon fiber. Could it be the same variant as is featured in this new spy video? It鈥檚 possible."

In March, Lamborghini confirmed that it would release two V12-based models this year. One of these is expected to be a homage to the Countach.

Reactions: AzusilApps

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Ive seen that one, thanks. But thats only SJ without the "wild aerodynamic components". ALA-system on a final SVJ is what I am looking for :D

Registered
There is no final edition SVJ, the SJ is the final edition and it's basically an upgraded S with the SVJ front/rear and 780HP. The SJ will also be limited/

Premium Member
So I guess the next thing we will see will be the replacement 2023? I can't believe they are not going to through one more out there before the end.

Registered
In a sense, I'm glad that they aren't. I've seen a few SVJ owners here raise concerns that the SVJ was marketed to them as the final Aventador before a replacement and therefore the final and best Aventador, only to have the SJ marketed next with possibly slightly more power even if far less capable. I don't know that we can completely fault Lamborghini.. I feel like they probably had that planned, but now have to change things due to electrification. But it's not like they need some shmuck like me for their defense.

Bottom line is that exclusivity is certainly a factor and we would hope Aventador models don't oversaturate their own market.

Registered
So I guess the next thing we will see will be the replacement 2023? I can't believe they are not going to through one more out there before the end.
Is that date set in stone? From what I've read 2021 is the year of Countach tribute as well as the Aventador SJ.

Registered
The thing is Lamborghini never publicly stated the SVJ was the last NA V12, instead dealers were the ones that told customers it was the last NA V12 model. It's BS but it's expected with a brand like Lamborghini which has a history of milking their models, it's in their DNA. Look how many variants of the Countach & Diablo. The Murci got saved from a million variants because Audi pushed out a new platform.

I've spoken with customers who are very high up with HQ and they keep telling me that the A replacement will basically be a refreshed Aventador with an upgraded interior and possibly a dual clutch. I hope this isn't true but financially it would make the most sense. I mean even as we complaint about another A variant there's still people willing to buy the SJ including me lol so even if the replacement is heavily rebodied A people will still line up to buy one.

Registered
I鈥檓 still holding out hope they鈥檒l fit this car with some dramatic aero. The rear hatch/wing is something they could easily remove from public view I would think, with the rest of the aero hidden under the white covers, and it鈥檚 the most striking and dramatic visual that separates the AV line IMO. I鈥檓 imagining a roof scoop integrated into the rear hatch with a SVJ like wing oh yeah. The basic rear window on the test mule looks too mundane for the final edition. I鈥檓 hoping anyway!

Registered
Is that date set in stone? From what I've read 2021 is the year of Countach tribute as well as the Aventador SJ.
Q3/Q4 2023 would be realistic considering Lamborghini stated that all 3 models will be hybridized until the end of 2024. Starting off with the flagship & most expensive model would make a lot of sense for them to do and in order not to have them all be released at once in 2024 my guess is that they'll start producing the successor in 2023 after the SJ/SJ Roadsters have finished production.

Reactions: AzusilApps

Registered
Q3/Q4 2023 would be realistic considering Lamborghini stated that all 3 models will be hybridized until the end of 2024. Starting off with the flagship & most expensive model would make a lot of sense for them to do and in order not to have them all be released at once in 2024 my guess is that they'll start producing the successor in 2023 after the SJ/SJ Roadsters have finished production.
I c, so what r the plans for 2022?

Registered
I鈥檓 still holding out hope they鈥檒l fit this car with some dramatic aero. The rear hatch/wing is something they could easily remove from public view I would think, with the rest of the aero hidden under the white covers, and it鈥檚 the most striking and dramatic visual that separates the AV line IMO. I鈥檓 imagining a roof scoop integrated into the rear hatch with a SVJ like wing oh yeah. The basic rear window on the test mule looks too mundane for the final edition. I鈥檓 hoping anyway!
I doubt it, the matte blue car we see in the YT above is most likely the SJ. It's basically a parts bin special with a limited edition plaque.

Premium Member
I c, so what r the plans for 2022?
I don't think we will see anything in 2022. We might see a release for a 2023 model, but it is all just speculation right now.

Registered
Why release two models in the same year rather than releasing them in yearly intervals?
I've posted this before but here's my guess on their upcoming release schedule:

2021 - Countach tribute car; Aventador SJ Coupe; Urus "non-hybrid performance version" (2021 or 2022, not 100% sure yet)
2022 - Countach tribute Roadster (80% certainty); Aventador SJ Roadster; Huracan final edition (would make sense if the successor arrives in 2024); SC22 (following the 2 year interval of the SC18/SC20)
2023 - Huracan final edition Spyder; Aventador hybrid successor Coupe (late 2023 could be realistic as I explained a few posts prior); Urus hybrid (2023 or 2024, not 100% sure yet); Next 2M+ limited car Coupe (like Centenario, Sian, Countach tribute following their 2 year interval)
2024 - Huracan hybrid successor Coupe; Aventador hybrid successor Roadster; Next 2M+ limited car Roadster
2025 - Electric GT (2+2 or 4-door, probably based on Taycan/E-Tron platform, we'll have to wait and see); Huracan hybrid successor Spyder

Registered
I've posted this before but here's my guess on their upcoming release schedule:

2021 - Countach tribute car; Aventador SJ Coupe; Urus "non-hybrid performance version" (2021 or 2022, not 100% sure yet)
2022 - Countach tribute Roadster (80% certainty); Aventador SJ Roadster; Huracan final edition (would make sense if the successor arrives in 2024); SC22 (following the 2 year interval of the SC18/SC20)
2023 - Huracan final edition Spyder; Aventador hybrid successor Coupe (late 2023 could be realistic as I explained a few posts prior); Urus hybrid (2023 or 2024, not 100% sure yet); Next 2M+ limited car Coupe (like Centenario, Sian, Countach tribute following their 2 year interval)
2024 - Huracan hybrid successor Coupe; Aventador hybrid successor Roadster; Next 2M+ limited car Roadster
2025 - Electric GT (2+2 or 4-door, probably based on Taycan/E-Tron platform, we'll have to wait and see); Huracan hybrid successor Spyder
That's very realistic.

Registered
There is no final edition SVJ, the SJ is the final edition and it's basically an upgraded S with the SVJ front/rear and 780HP. The SJ will also be limited/
More power w no wing thus LESS downforce and LESS attractive than an SVJ. What were they thinking ? id go for an SVJ spyder but not that SJ thing.

Registered
I saw / had a sit in the new 鈥榬un out鈥 model last Friday where they had one at the Goodwood festival of speed. It was a roadster in blue, liked like an S from the front, but had the SVJ wide rear intakes, no wing on the back so more S like, but with high level exhaust exit. Interia was like the S but had laser etched alcantara with the aventador hexagonal? Shapes etched into them

Registered
I saw / had a sit in the new 鈥榬un out鈥 model last Friday where they had one at the Goodwood festival of speed. It was a roadster in blue, liked like an S from the front, but had the SVJ wide rear intakes, no wing on the back so more S like, but with high level exhaust exit. Interia was like the S but had laser etched alcantara with the aventador hexagonal? Shapes etched into them
How'd it look in person? Any pics?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts