Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the driving experience difference between both the SV and the SVJ. They're both are race models but I know the SVJ is the race model of the new Aventador S with the rear wheel steering and such.... I saw a video that basically said the new improvements are night and day between the last ten Aventador and the S version... Any one driven both and know if its a noticeable difference? Or they're both just.... absurd haha

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
95 Posts
What is your intended purpose for the vehicle? I wanted the car to be somewhat drivable, as the Aventador is not particularly easy to drive compared to... alternatives haha. So I went with the S and I am very glad I did. It turns well, it drives well, and I use Ego mode all the time. The softest suspension and the most aggressive engine settings, it actually rides well over terrible roads in this setting. I looked at the SV, but it was missing these key features. I may add a fixed rear wing at some point, but I'm just enjoying the car as-is right now. The SVJ looks awesome and is the better track monster, but it's very highly valued right now. You also can't really see out the back window, which you can somewhat with the S and SV. It's also difficult to show off the engine, you have to completely remove the engine cover on the SVJ. If you have the money to burn, SVJ is gonna get you the most attention. If you want something that's easier to drive, consider the S, throw a tune, wing, and exhaust on and you won't be missing much. Don't buy any of these for investment purposes, they are not going to appreciate much at the current prices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I want to drive the hell out of it haha
I don’t treat cars like garage queens.. I like to drive them. And I know it won’t be the most comfortable car in the world, I expect them to drive a Certain degree of roughness as I’ve had other exotics. I like the aggressive looks of the SV and From a depreciating perspective I don’t expect them to appreciate but better to lose 50k vs 100k if you paid a bit more of upfront. Maybe a getting a great deal on an S is an option to look at. Saw one at around 330
The looks and the presence/stance driving experience and that V12 is why I would want an aventador. It’s easily the best looks sub million dollar car with all the drama :).

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,299 Posts
SV = more raw, brutal shifts and louder.
SVJ = smoother shifts, feels more refined, 4WS but not as loud as the SV.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
95 Posts
Well I want to drive the hell out of it haha
I don’t treat cars like garage queens.. I like to drive them. And I know it won’t be the most comfortable car in the world, I expect them to drive a Certain degree of roughness as I’ve had other exotics. I like the aggressive looks of the SV and From a depreciating perspective I don’t expect them to appreciate but better to lose 50k vs 100k if you paid a bit more of upfront. Maybe a getting a great deal on an S is an option to look at. Saw one at around 330
The looks and the presence/stance driving experience and that V12 is why I would want an aventador. It’s easily the best looks sub million dollar car with all the drama :).
Watch youtube content, read the online reviews, and best yet, drive the different varieties if you can. I wasn't going to be racing mine, other than spirited freeway sprints, so I don't need the lightest or ALA as I'll never notice the difference. I wanted comfort and a really nice interior, which the S has. I threw the Brilliant exhaust on recently and it sounds better than most of the SVJ's and SV's that I've heard. I'm getting it tuned this week, the shop claims they can bring it up to 800 hp and 770 tq by tuning for 93 octane, raising the redline to 9,000 rpms, and adjusting the timing. Given that the Sian has the same motor and 770hp/730tq, the shop's claims are not that unreasonable. Point being, my S should be just as quick as a stock SVJ, and be far more livable. It's not as cool, but it's still way cooler than most other cars out there. The SVJ's are still highly priced from what I've seen, I see them depreciating quite a bit more than the used S models.

If you really want an SV or SVJ, get one, but try to drive them before you buy one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watch youtube content, read the online reviews, and best yet, drive the different varieties if you can. I wasn't going to be racing mine, other than spirited freeway sprints, so I don't need the lightest or ALA as I'll never notice the difference. I wanted comfort and a really nice interior, which the S has. I threw the Brilliant exhaust on recently and it sounds better than most of the SVJ's and SV's that I've heard. I'm getting it tuned this week, the shop claims they can bring it up to 800 hp and 770 tq by tuning for 93 octane, raising the redline to 9,000 rpms, and adjusting the timing. Given that the Sian has the same motor and 770hp/730tq, the shop's claims are not that unreasonable. Point being, my S should be just as quick as a stock SVJ, and be far more livable. It's not as cool, but it's still way cooler than most other cars out there. The SVJ's are still highly priced from what I've seen, I see them depreciating quite a bit more than the used S models.

If you really want an SV or SVJ, get one, but try to drive them before you buy one.
Thanks for the video. After seeing it it seems the SV is a lot more brutal! Also sounds better IMO. From the two Im now pretty convinced I prefer the SV. BRU same I don't track the cars but some spirited driving in this beast does sound pretty amazing. I don't think the SVJ is reasonably priced ATM considering its basically twice the price as the S. Doubt its twice the car haha. Let me know how the tune works out! Im definitely going to try to get behind the wheel of an SV and S and see how that plays out before making a decision.

·
Registered
2014 Aventador Roadster
88 Posts
I’m on the same boat, I can’t shake the thought of an SV Roadster or an SVJ coupe. I currently have an Aventador Roadster which is great but the SV/SVJ is living in my head. The market is inflated right now and I don’t see it making a correction anytime soon. With that said I’m willing to pay a fair price if I come across the right one. I have a brilliant exhaust sitting in my garage, I should just slap that on and enjoy it until the market cools... @BRU your setup sounds insane

Reactions: BRU

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
95 Posts
I’m on the same boat, I can’t shake the thought of an SV Roadster or an SVJ coupe. I currently have an Aventador Roadster which is great but the SV/SVJ is living in my head. The market is inflated right now and I don’t see it making a correction anytime soon. With that said I’m willing to pay a fair price if I come across the right one. I have a brilliant exhaust sitting in my garage, I should just slap that on and enjoy it until the market cools... @BRU your setup sounds insane
@Alex_Vendetta - thank you, get that exhaust put on and enjoy the same soundtrack! Have you ever considered going the Kratos conversion route? Seems like it'd be WAY cheaper than swapping your current AV for a SV/SVJ. I may add a minor body kit on, still chewing on what direction I want to go with mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts