Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just joined the forum due to this fun issue...

I bought a 2017 Aventador S earlier this year and a week ago, I went to take it out and it is stuck in 3rd gear with a gearbox malfunction error. I had a tech from Lamborghini come to my location and they plugged in a laptop and tried to do a "transmission adaptation" get it into neutral, but no luck.

At this point, Lamborghini dealer service is telling me the car will have to be towed by using go jaks to get the car out of the garage and spin it around. Then it will need to be dragged up onto a flatbed, with the tires skidding along the service due to the gearbox being locked in gear.

Needless to say, this seems awful and I'm worried it could damage the gear box, or differentials, etc. I figured I'd post here as a last ditch effort to see if anyone had any suggestions before we go through this horrible process?

Thanks in advance
--Chris

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Damn, reading your post makes me cringe. Welcome to the forum, I don't have any insight, but I'm sure the collective experience here will have some thoughts. Good luck with your issue. How have you found the S up to this point?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Similar thing happened with one of my Aventadors except was able to move it freely...said gearbox malfunction was a pain to tow as it wldNt start..turned out to be bad clutch sensor which was a huge repair..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts