Lamborghini Talk banner
141 - 160 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm going to play devils advocate here and say the hype about the A been the last NA V12 model doesn't matter short term. Hear me out...

We all know the replacement will still have the V12 but with hybrid assist so technically the V12 is still going to be around. We assume the replacement will be heavier but what if it's lighter? And we assume the exhaust note will be muted, what if it's not?

Maybe we're all in a NA engine bubble thinking the market cares and A values will shoot up once the replacement is announced but we all know most buyers want the newest and craziest supercar which is why I think there is a strong possibility the used A market takes a big hit once the replacement is announced. There's always going to be A owners including the owners of the SVJ and SV who don't care about NA engines and will start dumping their cars to get into a replacement.

My point is be careful and don't overpay for any A model because there's a good chance they'll be a dip in the A market once the replacement is announced.
There are also new European rules about noise so next models will be quieter. I’m sure California will follow.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm going to play devils advocate here and say the hype about the A been the last NA V12 model doesn't matter short term. Hear me out...

We all know the replacement will still have the V12 but with hybrid assist so technically the V12 is still going to be around. We assume the replacement will be heavier but what if it's lighter? And we assume the exhaust note will be muted, what if it's not?

Maybe we're all in a NA engine bubble thinking the market cares and A values will shoot up once the replacement is announced but we all know most buyers want the newest and craziest supercar which is why I think there is a strong possibility the used A market takes a big hit once the replacement is announced. There's always going to be A owners including the owners of the SVJ and SV who don't care about NA engines and will start dumping their cars to get into a replacement.

My point is be careful and don't overpay for any A model because there's a good chance they'll be a dip in the A market once the replacement is announced.

Dude I totally agree - you have to remember the V12 buyer always wants the latest greatest. I know the next halo car from Lambo will be nuts. I do wonder if over the next year, the push for battery power will be so great that we'll end up losing the V12 as it just doesn't make sense weight wise - that'd most likely make both the SV, SVJ and Ultimae more sought after.

Interestingly enough - when the SVJ came out, everyone hated on it too and said the SV was better. Now that another variant is dropping its happening all over again. If I still had my SVJ and the market was normal I'd be upset but in the current market, pretty much anyone with an exotic has seen it go up in value over the past year - how often can any of us say that when it comes to owning exotics? lol

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,658 Posts
Dude I totally agree - you have to remember the V12 buyer always wants the latest greatest. I know the next halo car from Lambo will be nuts. I do wonder if over the next year, the push for battery power will be so great that we'll end up losing the V12 as it just doesn't make sense weight wise - that'd most likely make both the SV, SVJ and Ultimae more sought after.

Interestingly enough - when the SVJ came out, everyone hated on it too and said the SV was better. Now that another variant is dropping its happening all over again. If I still had my SVJ and the market was normal I'd be upset but in the current market, pretty much anyone with an exotic has seen it go up in value over the past year - how often can any of us say that when it comes to owning exotics? lol
You make a good point about the worst case scenario which is Lambo drops the V12 last minute due weight or battery issues and decides to put a V8 in the flagship. One thing I've learned with Lamborghini is always expect the unexpected because you never know when they might flip the script.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Having a hard time speccing lol.. have always bought matte colors... but i think i need to switch it up for this one. My STO is matte black anyhow... just cant decide >.< too many options!

·
Registered
43 Posts
it's a bit like the ferrari 488 pista, the f8 tributo is the last berlinetta v8 in tribute, it allowed the pista to keep the rating because it is the real last model, it is more surgical, light, no particle filter, which implies that it sounds louder, for me even if I find the 780 magnificent, the lightness, the ease thanks to the Ala 2.0 system, is its look as well as the history of the J, is incomparable

·
Registered
82 Posts
it's a bit like the ferrari 488 pista, the f8 tributo is the last berlinetta v8 in tribute, it allowed the pista to keep the rating because it is the real last model, it is more surgical, light, no particle filter, which implies that it sounds louder, for me even if I find the 780 magnificent, the lightness, the ease thanks to the Ala 2.0 system, is its look as well as the history of the J, is incomparable
Well said!

SVJ and SV are the ultimate duo! SVJ much more refined and SV is special in its own way.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Ha! The poor non S”-“ Aventador!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder indeed. I fell in love with the Aventador back with the 2012 model and always like that styling the best, especially the aggressive front end scoops.

That is why, now that I can finally afford one, I went with the cleanest 2013-2017 roadster I could find.

I find the S, SV and SVJ too busy for my tastes. Still beautiful, but too busy for me.

I’m excited for my new to me Aventador Roadster and for what’s next for the Lamborghini brand!!

That said, can we murder the Urus now?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quick q. Are order books open yet ? Was told by dealer not open as of yet .. am in line for roadster but want to make sure i get order in as seems pretty limited …

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yes, dealers can submit orders now and I wouldn't stress about alloctions. My dealer is shopping around their market intro, no takers and they have coupe and roadster alloctions still available. I don't think the Ultimae will be flying off the shelves.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My dealer had 9 people trying to get a roadster allocation, saw it first hand. I have heard a lot of SVJ owners are trying to get one, makes sense though with the premium you can get right now on the SVJs in the secondary market.

Orders are ‘open’ (meaning you can spec) but the online builder has had a few updates already and they are not putting orders through yet, i suspect it’s because they are ironing out the details. I have an order number but nothing has been locked in.

Few interesting options not on the site: CF windscreen surround (a la 63 Roadsters only) and the AP ability to request any part you want on the car to be CF. I’m curious how far you could take that?

Also, can’t believe they made balloon white a free color, that was tempting.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
It is a good time to sell the SVJ if you're not planning to keep it long term because they will drop in value like how the SV dropped when the SVJ came out. And allocation for the Ulitmae will depend on where you're located. A dealership like Newport Lambo will probably sell out but mid tier dealers might still have allocation. I'm in Canada and dealers up here will have allocation available.

And my dealer keeps telling me to trade in my SVJ and get a Ultimae but I can't do it. I like my SVJ too much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My dealer had 9 people trying to get a roadster allocation, saw it first hand. I have heard a lot of SVJ owners are trying to get one, makes sense though with the premium you can get right now on the SVJs in the secondary market.

Orders are ‘open’ (meaning you can spec) but the online builder has had a few updates already and they are not putting orders through yet, i suspect it’s because they are ironing out the details. I have an order number but nothing has been locked in.

Few interesting options not on the site: CF windscreen surround (a la 63 Roadsters only) and the AP ability to request any part you want on the car to be CF. I’m curious how far you could take that?

Also, can’t believe they made balloon white a free color, that was tempting.
:O wow didnt knkw about that CF option… usuallu reserved for hyper territory

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is a good time to sell the SVJ if you're not planning to keep it long term because they will drop in value like how the SV dropped when the SVJ came out. And allocation for the Ulitmae will depend on where you're located. A dealership like Newport Lambo will probably sell out but mid tier dealers might still have allocation. I'm in Canada and dealers up here will have allocation available.

And my dealer keeps telling me to trade in my SVJ and get a Ultimae but I can't do it. I like my SVJ too much.
I am keeping my SVJ coupe and SVJ roadster. Passing on SJ. Most of the SVJ owners I know are doing the same thing.
Especially SVJ Roadster or 63 edition, hold on to that thing.

Why would anyone want to sell their SVJ and get face lifted Aventador S which will be called SJ.

Of course your dealer wants to sell your SVJ and sell you the new SJ. Makes logical sense.

·
Registered
43 Posts
sell a svj for 780 hp ... I don't think that's a good choice, the Ala 2.0 system transforms the adventador downright, when you look at the f8 tributo, it is she who discount ... not the pista, and we europe the 780 to European standards in 2022, will have to lower its sound ... no interest, the svj remains the reference thanks to the letter J, with us even if it is magnificent, we call a bin a piece

·
Registered
133 Posts
sell a svj for 780 hp ... I don't think that's a good choice, the Ala 2.0 system transforms the adventador downright, when you look at the f8 tributo, it is she who discount ... not the pista, and we europe the 780 to European standards in 2022, will have to lower its sound ... no interest, the svj remains the reference thanks to the letter J, with us even if it is magnificent, we call a bin a piece
Do you notice ALA during street driving?

·
Registered
43 Posts
of course yes, especially when cornering combined with 4-wheel steering, and especially the 40% additional downforce. even no need to turn the steering wheel too much, the precision is surgical (mountain test)

·
Registered
133 Posts
of course yes, especially when cornering combined with 4-wheel steering, and especially the 40% additional downforce. even no need to turn the steering wheel too much, the precision is surgical (mountain test)
Interesting. I’d be curious to know how
much actual downforce is being generated on those corners since I’m unaware of what the baseline figure is which 40% was added to. Downforce is not linear so even if it’s capable of 600 or 800 pounds at top speed, the amount generated in corners, particularly on the road may not be much more than a couple hundred pounds. So 200(ish) pounds pressing down on a nearly 4,000 pound car….

·
Registered
43 Posts
we will have to wait for the nurburgring, the justice of the peace, but I doubt when we see the difference between sv with system 1 and svj .. the 780 may be behind

·
Registered
344 Posts
Reactions: kazuya
141 - 160 of 240 Posts