Lamborghini Talk banner
181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,655 Posts
They had to make some small changes to the body.
I personally expected the car to look different, more special and having interior with a touch screen.

In reality they took SVJ, removed some parts from it including ALA, added Aventador S kit and slapped limited badge. They knew it would sell and they were right.

Whoever likes the car should just go ahead and buy it. I’m sure it will be a great car but to me personally the SVJ is the ultimate one followed by the SV.
That's why it's a parts bin final edition :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
15 Posts
They had to make some small changes to the body.
I personally expected the car to look different, more special and having interior with a touch screen.

In reality they took SVJ, removed some parts from it including ALA, added Aventador S kit and slapped limited badge. They knew it would sell and they were right.

Whoever likes the car should just go ahead and buy it. I’m sure it will be a great car but to me personally the SVJ is the ultimate one followed by the SV.
Depends on how you use the car. I drive my SVJ to work once or twice a week. With no carpet, the skateboard flooring and exposed carbon door panels, the road noise is really loud. I can’t even do a hands free call in the car. I always loved the sleeper cars. The full on performance but with a clean body, free of the huge wings on a road car. Porche did an amazing job with it too on the GT3 Touring.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Depends on how you use the car. I drive my SVJ to work once or twice a week. With no carpet, the skateboard flooring and exposed carbon door panels, the road noise is really loud. I can’t even do a hands free call in the car. I always loved the sleeper cars. The full on performance but with a clean body, free of the huge wings on a road car. Porche did an amazing job with it too on the GT3 Touring.
I don’t think Aventador SJ will be a quiet car or that much more comfortable. Huracan EVO might be a better choice and if you want a sleeper looking car 992 Turbo S.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For investment value, the SVJ is the choice. I don’t really care about that. I drive it. And the more miles you put on it, the less the investment value. I can cash in on the investment value now and make $100k on my SVJ. The Ultimae I ordered will be a much more usable car for me and I keep the raw SVJ performance, the mean looking vents and same exhaust in the rear. It’s a perfect design.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I was surprised at how spot on the predictions/expectations set by this forum were.

As hush hush and non-communicative as Lamborghini is (like all super brands I imagine) the information in this site keeps my enthusiasm and interest in the brand during the long hiatus’ between announcements.

An “SJ” priced between the S and SVJ , with looks (parts) from both was exactly right… and so disappointing for my senses that have become accustomed to being overwhelmed by design and new awesomeness with each release.

Yes, it will sell, and many will love it, but the parts bin special is a rare let down for me.
It certainly is no “Ultimae”

·
Registered
12 Posts
You SVJ owners are all just mad that the Ultimae exists, and push to belittle it as a "parts bin special". Nobody called the 911R a parts bin special...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You SVJ owners are all just mad that the Ultimae exists, and push to belittle it as a "parts bin special". Nobody called the 911R a parts bin special...
Lol, no SVJ owners aren't mad because the SVJ serves a completely different purposes than the Ultimae which is basically an Aventador S with no interior changes and slight bump in HP.

And Google "parts bit special 911R" and there's plenty of articles and posts that will pop up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lol, no SVJ owners aren't mad because the SVJ serves a completely different purposes than the Ultimae which is basically an Aventador S with no interior changes and slight bump in HP.

And Google "parts bit special 911R" and there's plenty of articles and posts that will pop up.
I see. Well, it's not necessarily a bad thing, is it? I personally love the Ultimae, and I think it works as the ultimate version. The Aventador was always intended as a beautiful street car, and this last one is incredible.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It seems the Ultimae just can't win. I think we can all agree that Lamborghini most likely had to release this final model after the SVJ (which was originally supposed to be the last Aventador) as a backup plan because of the successor's delay until 2023/2024.

Imagine if they made it truly special with 800hp, ALA, updated interior with touchscreen and a whole overhauled exterior style that looks better than any previous models. That would have resulted in SVJ owners getting mad because it would devalue their cars (which were promised to be the last and greatest of the Aventador line) and demand would be too high for the 600 units they plan to build which would dissapoint even more.
Now back to the Ultimae, which lacks a lot of the great features of the SVJ (rear wing, ALA, aggressive front splitter, engine cover) in order to preserve the track-focused specialness for the SVJ while pushing out this final model without it being a step down as a final model (upgrade to 780hp, new interior trim, more comfortable touring-version of the SVJ). So what's the problem? Either way someone is going to be pissed.

Personally I like the clean style of the Ultimae which is also a great base for adding aftermarket parts like a custom rear wing etc. I would have preferred an updated interior or a few more hp but in the end who cares - it's a V12 Aventador :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
It seems the Ultimae just can't win. I think we can all agree that Lamborghini most likely had to release this final model after the SVJ (which was originally supposed to be the last Aventador) as a backup plan because of the successor's delay until 2023/2024.

Imagine if they made it truly special with 800hp, ALA, updated interior with touchscreen and a whole overhauled exterior style that looks better than any previous models. That would have resulted in SVJ owners getting mad because it would devalue their cars (which were promised to be the last and greatest of the Aventador line) and demand would be too high for the 600 units they plan to build which would dissapoint even more.
Now back to the Ultimae, which lacks a lot of the great features of the SVJ (rear wing, ALA, aggressive front splitter, engine cover) in order to preserve the track-focused specialness of the SVJ while pushing out this final model without it being a steep step down as a final model (upgrade to 780hp, new interior trim, more comfortable touring-version of the SVJ). So what's the problem? Either way someone is going to be pissed.

Personally I like the clean style of the Ultimae which is also a great base for adding aftermarket parts like a custom rear wing etc. I would have preferred an updated interior or a few more hp but in the end who cares - it's a V12 Aventador :D
If the LP700 is the Aventador V1 and everything after is V2, Ultimae is still a V2. The overhaul you're suggesting would be a V3.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'm so confused. The Ulimate is an Aventador S with the side intakes and the rear end of the SVJ, I don't understand why people can't see that lol. The front and rear haven't been touched and internals are the same. Why not just save your money and buy an AV S?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Now back to the Ultimae, which lacks a lot of the great features of the SVJ (rear wing, ALA, aggressive front splitter, engine cover) in order to preserve the track-focused specialness for the SVJ while pushing out this final model without it being a step down as a final model (upgrade to 780hp, new interior trim, more comfortable touring-version of the SVJ). So what's the problem? Either way someone is going to be pissed.

There was always going to be a final edition Aventador and a lot was planned but at the end they came up with Ulitmae and rushed it out the door. It's a shame because they have easily made the car much more special and they could have easily charged a premium for it but instead they decided to dip into the parts bin and get rid of as many parts they can before the replacement arrives.

The Aventador deserved better and I would have kept my SVJ and bought the final edition even if it cost a million dollars if it was a truly special model. I feel like they spent more time on the XAGO SVJ than they did on the Ultimae. It was a missed opportunity.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There was always going to be a final edition Aventador and a lot was planned but at the end they came up with Ulitmae and rushed it out the door. It's a shame because they have easily made the car much more special and they could have easily charged a premium for it but instead they decided to dip into the parts bin and get rid of as many parts they can before the replacement arrives.

The Aventador deserved better and I would have kept my SVJ and bought the final edition even if it cost a million dollars if it was a truly special model. I feel like they spent more time on the XAGO SVJ than they did on the Ultimae. It was a missed opportunity.
Let's drive it before we assume too much about the Ultimae.

·
Registered
3 Posts
every single one of u is rite! the svj is a hell of machine a track one. it's got all the technology, the creative design and aggressive look.

anyhow, for the av s owner who like their cars the sj will be an upgrade. however, for the svj's owner it's a bunch on the face due to the more limited numbers and for reveling this edition after the svj when they told "svj will be the last".

lets be honest, the sj is really a big disappointing it shouldn't be the last aventador but the svj should! its representing all the engineering, design and features of lamborghini brand, its even got the best time record at the track! that's said its the ultimate av.

for me i will buy the ultimate, actually i love it. its represent all my needs! its av s upgraded, its more of a clean design which i prefer (simple and aggressive at the same time as all aventadors looks) its better in the roads with relatively less noise and more comfortable than the svj. svj looks so mean and complicated design, much more aggressive with the ala system (btw you will never feel in a public road). for me, my taste my use i don't need this ala system because i will not track the car I'm planning to enjoy it as a dreamer so it doesn't make sense to me buying the svj.

so, the sj is the ultimate car for me and some people, its not ultimate for svj owners and shouldn't be the last of the flagship.

thanks and execuse my english its not the best :whistle:, but i hope my point is clarified:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Lamborghini SVJ Roadster, 2020 Ranger Rover Velar SV, 2019 Audi RS 5
74 Posts
I’ve owned an Aventador s roadster prior to my SVJ roadster. If the SVJ is too over the top in appearance, then by all means you will like the SJ. However, as far as driving comfort, I find no difference between the two.

181 - 200 of 240 Posts