Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,675 Posts
I believe May 17th or 18th is the private online dealer preview. Has it been confirmed it'll be called the "SJ"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe May 17th or 18th is the private online dealer preview. Has it been confirmed it'll be called the "SJ"?
I believe that’s the confirmed name. I have an allocation for it when they’re ready for orders. But no clue what it will look like or how many will be available

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I believe that’s the confirmed name. I have an allocation for it when they’re ready for orders. But no clue what it will look like or how many will be available
Ask your dealer for a link for the online preview next month.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was hoping the final name would be something more unique. I always like the Lamborghini naming nomenclature, but we have quite a few Aventador S* models by now.

Then again, a name can't sour a good car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So will this sit above the SVJ in terms of performance? It could get the Sian powertrain since the SVJ had the same hp as the previous limited special edition car, the Centenario. That would make a lot of sense for Lamborghini since they probably won't stick with the supercap-tech for the Av successor (according to interviews) and might filter it down into this new model to save money on the supercap's development costs. 800hp+ would be insane! I'm really hoping they'll release a roadster version as well!

Regarding the name (if they stick with "SJ") I'm honestly fine with it. SV -> SVJ -> SJ seems like logical progression. Are they milking the Aventador platform? Absolutely but who cares, N/A V12 supercars are a dying breed and will probably be replaced by downsized hybrids / electric cars in the future so a few more puristic models surely won't hurt (y)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Not much is known for the this car. I keep hearing 150 in total but who knows. My dealer reached out to me and a few other SVJ owners to gauge interest, I might pull the trigger if it's ultra rare, higher HP and styling is radically different than my SVJ. I don't think Lamborghini will disappoint so this final edition should be pretty special.

·
Registered
Aventador SVJ
108 Posts
A dealer was referring to it as the new SJ, speculating that it will have an updated interface (i.e Huracan —> EVO) the back end will be different from SVJ... Spoiler delete with similar exhaust outlets or rerouted to support the new rear. I think Lambo will do it right, excited to see the reveal.

·
Registered
94 Posts

So was this test mule that was spotted last year a test mule for this new SJ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
It sounds like the SJ will be a facelift of the Aventador S rather than another track focused successor to the SVJ? I was hoping for the latter with crazy aero. I’d rather try to order a SJ rather than chase down a SVJ at this point with the crazy market, if it were another track version. Can’t even think for a day when a SVJ goes up for sale in a desirable spec.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As far as I know there will be soon a special edition like "countach hommage" (a little like the miura hommage) but with many changes to the standard AV. Will be limited to a little more than 100 units and will cost approx. 2 millions...
Nothing like the SVJ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
per my dealer, the online preview on May 17/18 will not be for the upcoming SJ, but rather, for the $2M (or so) countach homage. i secured an allocation for the SJ, so bummed no preview this month.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
per my dealer, the online preview on May 17/18 will not be for the upcoming SJ, but rather, for the $2M (or so) countach homage. i secured an allocation for the SJ, so bummed no preview this month.
do you know when any info on the SJ will be available?

·
Registered
Aventador SVJ
108 Posts
Congrats keep us posted if you get any info on the SJ!

·
Registered
52 Posts
do you know when any info on the SJ will be available?
dealer was not sure, but said should be ready to build in Q4 this year. anyone else have insight?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations on your allocation!

I guess this event (May 17/18) will be Private, right?

Any idea when the car will be presented to the public?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
May 17th viewing is dealer only but inviting VVIP customers to view it.

I have a deposit on the final editon Aventador, from what I've heard they'll be around 300 coupes and 300 roadsters. It's going to look like the green test mule posted above but with some tweaks. I was also told it might be called the Aventador EVO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
May 17th viewing is dealer only but inviting VVIP customers to view it.

I have a deposit on the final editon Aventador, from what I've heard they'll be around 300 coupes and 300 roadsters. It's going to look like the green test mule posted above but with some tweaks. I was also told it might be called the Aventador EVO.
Congratulations and thank you for your answer.

To return to the Countach tribute there is no information available for the moment? Based on the Aventador I guess, right? With probably the Sian hybrid system.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congratulations and thank you for your answer.

To return to the Countach tribute there is no information available for the moment? Based on the Aventador I guess, right? With probably the Sian hybrid system.
All we know at the moment is that only one of the two new V12's (Countach tribute and Aventador final edition) is going to have the Sian hybrid powertrain while the other one doesn't. Winkelmann announced this during an interview: "one based on the V12, and the other one also but with the same capacitor as the Sian."

Reactions: Jonathan19
1 - 20 of 242 Posts