Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 AVS, only 2050 miles. I've only had it for the last 75 miles. Car seems top shape, came from Lambo Dallas. The last few days I didn't notice this sound at all, but today, which was a hot and muggy day, when accelerating the car, especially at slow speeds, you hear a squeaking/shushing sound of some sort. My wife noticed it too and says it sounds like a sprinkler of sorts. Very weird. Not altogether different than i have heard in the past from Breaks that had air in them and they made a sound when you pressed the brake, but that isn't the case here. Doesn't sound when revving the engine, doesn't make the sound when braking or shifting gears, its when your pushing the gas pedal and accelerating, slow or fast.

Any thoughts? temp related maybe? I have thought maybe front suspension of some sort, or maybe that's the sound of the air flowing into the engine. My first thought was that it was squeaking brakes, and maybe they were rubbing while i was driving without pressing them. I guess that's still possible, but I doubt it. I'll certainly check on it over the next few days and see if it is consistent, but it was like this all day today. Car is not even really broken in, so maybe this stuff goes away over time.

Thank you for your time and any feedback you can provide.

She is a looker!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Wow, got my search right to see if this had been brought up before. This thread seems to be exactly what I’m experiencing. Didn’t notice it at all the first few times I drove it. Almost sounds screeching. Are their fans then on the intake that may be making the noice? Or is it just the thicker humid air that makes it sound louder?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I remember being surprised by all the noises my G used to make. I bet the A is similar with all the angles and high intakes. Certainly thicker/thinner air makes a difference.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice car! That’s an odd sound but you have to remember the fans come on and off a lot right behind your head the side intakes left and right and with high humidity they’ll be coming on more to cool the engine. The only other thing could be is a vacuum booster leak when you push the brake pedal if the Aventador even uses such a thing try pushing the brake pedal with the engine off and see if there’s the sound.

without hearing the sound it’s tough to diagnose but it certainly doesn’t sound like anything serious. If it’s nothing metallic I have to think it isn’t too bad whatever it is.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice car! That’s an odd sound but you have to remember the fans come on and off a lot right behind your head the side intakes left and right and with high humidity they’ll be coming on more to cool the engine. The only other thing could be is a vacuum booster leak when you push the brake pedal if the Aventador even uses such a thing try pushing the brake pedal with the engine off and see if there’s the sound.

without hearing the sound it’s tough to diagnose but it certainly doesn’t sound like anything serious. If it’s nothing metallic I have to think it isn’t too bad whatever it is.
Yea, definitely not a brake thing, I had that before with a Porsche Cayman S I tracked, and this isn't that. Thank you for your reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts