Lamborghini Talk banner

Aventador S vs 2014+ Aventadors

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Adrenalista 
#1 ·
Hello all!
Been a lurker for many years, reading the great posts from Kratos, Russk, Ravill, and so on. I finally decided to use this account to make a post! I've set myself up well in that I'll be considering an Aventador purchase within the next 3 or so years. Lamborghini's have always held a special place in my heart; what I think the greatest is in fact the Murcielago SV (in Arancio Atlas).

Considering how high those have shot up in value, an Aventador will have to do- they have a certain panache.
My question is this: Is there a big enough difference between the 2014+ Aventadors (not interested in the mechanical gremlins of previous years) and the S to justify the $100k difference?
From what I've understood from a friend that currently owns an SVJ + Perf the S feels better with Ego mode and the rear-wheel steering helps it feel nimble. Is the S that much better to drive around + overall to justify spending more?
Considering the replacement is launching in 2023, this will shift prices a bit.
Not so much focused on price but moreso is it worth it.

Thanks for reading this long essay of a post:LOL: have a great one!

See less See more
#2 ·

Like many things, it really comes down to personal preference. You can get a non-S Roadster for less than the S. I don't know that I would have missed the features of the S, but I'm glad I went with it. Good luck with your search.

#3 ·
I had a 640 Murcielago and went to an Aventador S. Most things are subjective, the Murci sounds better, I think the first gen Aventador actually looks the best in person, but the rear wheel steering makes a huge difference around town. I wouldn’t care about it on windy roads, but the difference in U turns, and just driving my Aventador S and the Murcielago around town is huge. I assume the first gen Aventador turns like the Murcielago. I think I’ve gotten through obstinate with the AVS that I would have been stuck in with the AV. It’s a big difference. Is it worth 100k? Depends on how often and where you drive it. Good luck!

#7 ·
I drove the SVJ once at the dealer for a quick spin and currently own the SV. I have no seat time in the regular AV or the AVS but the SVJ has RWS and the SV doesn't. Honestly, I feel no difference in the driving feel. Maybe too much is going on for me to notice. The car is just insane and eventful either way. Take a test drive and see what you think but I think either way you'll be fine. Its an Aventador.

#8 ·
i took a base aventador for a pretty extensive test drive, and have now put 4,000 miles on an AVS. i thought the rear wheel steering and transmission were significantly improved. what is that worth? obviously, varies by individual. follow up question--is an svj worth $250k more than an S?

#9 ·
so much tighter turning radius...i thought the S immediately felt much much smaller and less boat-like (by comparison). both are awesome cars--but just my opinion.

#10 ·
Like I have written before, I drove both an S and Non S. I could not discern any "real" difference. I was probably just smiling too much. I did not drive an SV or SVJ so I can not comment.

Frankly, my 14 Roadster feels VERY nimble and quick. It feels MUCH more nimble and quick than my O5 G.

Get what you like the most.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.