Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Been a lurker for many years, reading the great posts from Kratos, Russk, Ravill, and so on. I finally decided to use this account to make a post! I've set myself up well in that I'll be considering an Aventador purchase within the next 3 or so years. Lamborghini's have always held a special place in my heart; what I think the greatest is in fact the Murcielago SV (in Arancio Atlas).

Considering how high those have shot up in value, an Aventador will have to do- they have a certain panache.
My question is this: Is there a big enough difference between the 2014+ Aventadors (not interested in the mechanical gremlins of previous years) and the S to justify the $100k difference?
From what I've understood from a friend that currently owns an SVJ + Perf the S feels better with Ego mode and the rear-wheel steering helps it feel nimble. Is the S that much better to drive around + overall to justify spending more?
Considering the replacement is launching in 2023, this will shift prices a bit.
Not so much focused on price but moreso is it worth it.

Thanks for reading this long essay of a post:LOL: have a great one!

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
158 Posts

Like many things, it really comes down to personal preference. You can get a non-S Roadster for less than the S. I don't know that I would have missed the features of the S, but I'm glad I went with it. Good luck with your search.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I had a 640 Murcielago and went to an Aventador S. Most things are subjective, the Murci sounds better, I think the first gen Aventador actually looks the best in person, but the rear wheel steering makes a huge difference around town. I wouldn’t care about it on windy roads, but the difference in U turns, and just driving my Aventador S and the Murcielago around town is huge. I assume the first gen Aventador turns like the Murcielago. I think I’ve gotten through obstinate with the AVS that I would have been stuck in with the AV. It’s a big difference. Is it worth 100k? Depends on how often and where you drive it. Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I drove the SVJ once at the dealer for a quick spin and currently own the SV. I have no seat time in the regular AV or the AVS but the SVJ has RWS and the SV doesn't. Honestly, I feel no difference in the driving feel. Maybe too much is going on for me to notice. The car is just insane and eventful either way. Take a test drive and see what you think but I think either way you'll be fine. Its an Aventador.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i took a base aventador for a pretty extensive test drive, and have now put 4,000 miles on an AVS. i thought the rear wheel steering and transmission were significantly improved. what is that worth? obviously, varies by individual. follow up question--is an svj worth $250k more than an S?

·
Registered
65 Posts
so much tighter turning radius...i thought the S immediately felt much much smaller and less boat-like (by comparison). both are awesome cars--but just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Like I have written before, I drove both an S and Non S. I could not discern any "real" difference. I was probably just smiling too much. I did not drive an SV or SVJ so I can not comment.

Frankly, my 14 Roadster feels VERY nimble and quick. It feels MUCH more nimble and quick than my O5 G.

Get what you like the most.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts