Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up an Aventador S and I think the car was still moving into the garage when I already had the rear engine cover off to disconnect the exhaust valve to make the car sound like it should. But its not there on the S.
Looked at the valves by the exhaust tips and there is a hose on each one. Does one disconnect there or is there something somewhere else.
Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've not tried this, but you should be able to remove and plug the vacuum lines at the two valves near the exhaust tips. The two vacuum lines merge into one and travel along the top right side of the engine bay to the control solenoid, which is mounted on a frame member in front of the right rear wheel. I think there are some flex lines between the sections of hard line that could be removed and plugged as an alternate way to accomplish the task.

I chose to disable the valves by unplugging the wires to the exhaust valve control solenoid, which is a lot more complicated than you might imagine.

You can access the solenoid from the engine bay by removing the side trim panel and reaching waaaaay down into the abyss, but you have to do everything by "feel" and disconnecting the plug from the solenoid is a real PITA. I found it much easier to remove the right rear wheel and wheel well trim. The solenoid will be staring you in the face. Disconnecting the electrical cable from the solenoid will keep the exhaust valves in the open (loud) position all the time.

When I did this, I noticed my car would throw a "electric parking brake" and "stability control" fault. The ECU apparently monitors the current through the solenoid and can detect the open circuit. You can fix this by connecting a 100 Ohm/2 Watt resistor across the pins of the loose connector so the ECU still sees some current with the cable unplugged.

I ran a wire from the solenoid into the passenger compartment connected to a switch so I can change between "loud" and "stock" on the fly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased remote valve controller from capristo. Works perfectly with my avs roadster. You do need to gain access to the solenoid

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've not tried this, but you should be able to remove and plug the vacuum lines at the two valves near the exhaust tips. The two vacuum lines merge into one and travel along the top right side of the engine bay to the control solenoid, which is mounted on a ...
...from the solenoid into the passenger compartment switch so I can change between "loud" and "stock" on the fly.
Thanks for the indepth reply. That is exactly what I want to do. Just have to get the bar to take off the center lock wheels.
Thanks again

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased remote valve controller from capristo. Works perfectly with my avs roadster. You do need to gain access to the solenoid
[/QU
Thanks, looked it up. That is really a nice option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, and it is not that difficult to install. I did it with my friend in garage. Hardest part is removing rear passenger lining to gain access to solenoid plug. Capristo unit works seemlessly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts