Lamborghini Talk banner
1801 - 1820 of 1881 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
This makes sense. VIP clients have already received confirmation they'll be receiving an allocation and where they are on the list.
Yup, so if anyones wondering if youre VIP+ with lambo, if you havent had your confirmation then you arent VIP, slum it with the rest of us peasants in the normal queues :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I have written confirmation for an allocation, car #2 or 3 depending on my spec.

The 1st cars will either have a very steep ADM or sold to customers willing to do a short term lease and guaranteed buy back.
Good for you.. :)
Is the written agreement from Factory or Dealership? I am wondering if this vip list is Factory or Dealership deemed?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Good for you.. :)
Is the written agreement from Factory or Dealership? I am wondering if this vip list is Factory or Dealership deemed?
Dealership.

Who gets allocation and where customers are slotted is strictly decided by the dealership. I think there's a misconception that the factory is handing picking clients or they've created some sort of VIP list, this isn't the case. Your SA and the dealer GM still make the ultimate decision.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
And you were spreading this (mis)information repeatedly !
Can you just stfu already? You contribute nothing to this forum and go after every member that doesn't agree with you. And did you forget how you called out Lambo8888 and called him a liar? You'd think you'll learn your lesson, nope.

And what misinformation? I share what I hear and difference sources tell you difference things. There's only a few months left until the unveiling so you can go through my posts and see what information was correct and what information wasn't.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Can you just stfu already? You contribute nothing to this forum and go after every member that doesn't agree with you.
So far i called out you and Lambo888 for posting rumours and trying to sell them as facts, that's about it. Is that what you mean by "contribute to this forum" ?

For months you made everyone believe that the factory is basically taking allocations in their own hands now with this model.
Now you phrase it as if that fact is just a misconception that's floating around .. but you started this misconception:

Huracaan said:
According to the op this is what the factory uses to determine allocations for hard to get models like the replacement.
Huracaan said:
Everyone knows the resale on the replacement will be insane up market or down market so the factory wants to make sure the allocations are going to actual owners and not flippers.
Huracaan said:
I believe now the factory is taking a more active role and identifying VIP clients
Huracaan said:
I was told the factory is looking at how many new lambos you owned
Huracaan said:
it could be the factory trying to weed out flippers.
and so on ..

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
So far i called out you and Lambo888 for posting rumours and trying to sell them as facts, that's about it. Is that what you mean by "contribute to this forum" ?

For months you made everyone believe that the factory is basically taking allocations in their own hands now with this model.
Now you phrase it as if that fact is just a misconception that's floating around .. but you started this misconception:

and so on ..
The dealer always makes the end decision who gets what car and when. This has been the case for every model except for the one offs and the SVJ 63 and I've posted about this in the past.

The factory is looking at buyer history they're not in direct communication with the dealers. Everything goes through the regional manager. I could share more information but it's a public forum and employees from Lambo read posts on here. I'm not going to expose my sources and ruining my rep with my dealer.

It doesn't matter if anyone believes me or not, at the end of the day I have a guaranteed slot and I share whatever information is provided to me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,127 Posts
@Leon, dude, you need to chill a tad bit. @Huracaan has been the source of great info, and he has immeasurably enhanced this forum. Time to bury the hatchet and preferably not in someone's head. ;):giggle:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Step back a bit …. The lambo vip and convincing factory is for the earliest deliveries of the av replacement . My understanding so far is that one will have to go the preview and will only get the invite to the preview if they are on that list .

you could be #1 on your dealer list but not be part of the earliest deliveries that the factory has to sign off on .

im hoping to be on that top 100 list who gets the blessing from the factory . My dealer has not received this blessing yet and don’t expect to until the first week of October .

Dealers want customers on the early list so they can obviously get their money quickly from sales

·
Registered
622 Posts
I suspect that part of the reason why a factory may get involved in deciding early allocations for an all new model is because they know the most loyal customers are also the most tolerant/accepting of quality deficiencies (which are inevitable). Yes, they also want to reward those customers but two things can be true at the same time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The dealer always makes the end decision who gets what car and when. This has been the case for every model except for the one offs and the SVJ 63 and I've posted about this in the past.

The factory is looking at buyer history they're not in direct communication with the dealers. Everything goes through the regional manager. I could share more information but it's a public forum and employees from Lambo read posts on here. I'm not going to expose my sources and ruining my rep with my dealer.

It doesn't matter if anyone believes me or not, at the end of the day I have a guaranteed slot and I share whatever information is provided to me.
Who makes the decision over at Ferrari the factory or the dealer? I believe that's the same model Lamborghini follows cos you said a while back that someone from Ferrari is now at Lamborghini.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Who makes the decision over at Ferrari the factory or the dealer? I believe that's the same model Lamborghini follows cos you said a while back that someone from Ferrari is now at Lamborghini.
Depends on the model. Regular series production cars are made at the dealer level with the exception of the Purosangue where Ferrari deviated from standard protocols.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I suspect that part of the reason why a factory may get involved in deciding early allocations for an all new model is because they know the most loyal customers are also the most tolerant/accepting of quality deficiencies (which are inevitable). Yes, they also want to reward those customers but two things can be true at the same time.
There's some VIP clients who have opted for the first roadster allocations for this very reason.

·
Registered
555 Posts
So I had lunch with my friend who works at Lambo NA and I was able to find out more information about the ordering process for the replacement.

It turns out that each region will have to submit an interest list to the factory (already mentioned in this thread by others) but it'll be up to the regional GM's to shortlist. This is not just a US market thing, it will be across all regions.

The biggest criteria to secure an allocation will be how many Lambos you owned and how long you've kept them. Basically the factory is trying to weed out flippers but I was told this applies to even VIP customers. Simply put if anyone including VIPs flip their car in a short period of time you will be blacklisted period. My take is every dealer including the factory knows the replacement will be selling for crazy money on the used market and dealers are worried they might lose out so they're getting the factory involved to threaten customers with getting blacklist.

Another thing that came up during our convo was roadster allocations. Some dealers decided to have 2 separate lists, one for the coupe and other for the roadster but now I was told regional managers are quietly telling dealers to give priority to coupe owners who will be willing to sell back to the dealer because they expect roadster allocations to be even tighter.

It seems like the factory was caught off guard by the demand and now the factory and dealers are scrambling to get allocations in the right hands. Everyone putting a huge down payment should get everything in writing with some sort of guarantee for an allocation because I think some dealers are going to hoard deposits knowing they can't delivery allocations.
I attended Lamborghini Esperienza last week and spoke with the regional head of Lamborghini Canada and he mentioned what you posted. I can't get into specific details about what he told me but basically the factory is shortlisting clients based on various criteria but ultimately allocations will be at the dealers discretion.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I attended Lamborghini Esperienza last week and spoke with the regional head of Lamborghini Canada and he mentioned what you posted. I can't get into specific details about what he told me but basically the factory is shortlisting clients based on various criteria but ultimately allocations will be at the dealers discretion.
From what I was told the car that will be shown at the lounge will likely be the 1:1 scale static model which was shown to dealers last year. There's a separate mock up for the interior.

And the reason why the preview was delayed is because Lambo is keeping the Tecnica at the lounge till the end of the year for Tecnica clients that want to do AdP. I assume they'll move the Sterrato to the lounge as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Theoretically would this play out, for example, as: Dealer submits 30 interested buyers. Factory "approves" 15 of those 30. Dealer is only given 7 allocations and has to choose which of those 15 receive them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what I was told the car that will be shown at the lounge will likely be the 1:1 scale static model which was shown to dealers last year. There's a separate mock up for the interior.

And the reason why the preview was delayed is because Lambo is keeping the Tecnica at the lounge till the end of the year for Tecnica clients that want to do AdP. I assume they'll move the Sterrato to the lounge as well.
Why is the Lamborghini showing only a model and not the real car?

1801 - 1820 of 1881 Posts