Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Hood

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Tire
3741 - 3760 of 4059 Posts

· Registered
723 Posts
Just in reply to some of the posts above, just my own impressions when I saw the car.

• it looks like a blown up Tecnica from the front
  • the growth in length but not width makes it look slender and feminine
  • I would take a Veneno or Centenario over it any day of the week. Not a Sian though, when the looks are so close and the AVR would blow a Sian out of the water performance wise.
  • the fact that the rear is round, with the exhaust sitting high on the apex, and the tail lights not on the edge of the car it makes it look even narrower from the rear
  • interior feels cheap - mishmash of forged carbon, normal carbon and plastic. First thing you notice when you open the door is the sill which is fully covered in what looks and feels like cheap carpet. When I asked, it cannot be optioned in leather or carbon like the AV
From the specs they were giving, performance wise it will be insane and a step up above anything else.
Styling is subjective but I'm getting the sense from this thread that main attraction will be its performance and tech. Disappointing to hear about the carpet - I would have expected alcantara or leather.

The XJ220 is a car that I assumed was a foot or more longer than everything else until I checked and realized it's only a couple inches longer than an Aventador SV. The narrower body and large overhangs create that illusion. I sense it's a similar case with the AVR.

· Registered
464 Posts
I remember being there when they took the car cover off of the Replacement and I was like " is that really it?" Unfortunately to me and my girlfriend who was with me. we were both disappointed in the styling. I'm not a fan of the front end or the posterior but I do like the side profile. At least I saw it early so now I know I'm keeping my STO. I understand its the first base version of the car and it will be tweaked to make it more aggressive AKA, SV/ SVJ but at this point I'd keep your SVJ's and SV's until they make it more aggressive. Now the engine should be reason enough to get the car. I can't wait for that part!

· Registered
1,051 Posts
I remember being there when they took the car cover off of the Replacement and I was like " is that really it?" Unfortunately to me and my girlfriend who was with me. we were both disappointed in the styling. I'm not a fan of the front end or the posterior but I do like the side profile. At least I saw it early so now I know I'm keeping my STO. I understand its the first base version of the car and it will be tweaked to make it more aggressive AKA, SV/ SVJ but at this point I'd keep your SVJ's and SV's until they make it more aggressive. Now the engine should be reason enough to get the car. I can't wait for that part!
The Aventador styling is hard to beat. Were you expecting more than a refinement?

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Or you’re saying this to get others before you in line to back off so you can take their place…
Not being offensive or personal - just showing my way of thinking. Nothing can be trusted these days right.

· Registered
464 Posts
Yes I was expecting something different like with the transition of the Countach to the Diablo to the Murcielago to the Aventador.

"Or you’re saying this to get others before you in line to back off so you can take their place…
Not being offensive or personal - just showing my way of thinking. Nothing can be trusted these days right."

HAHA. it's just my opinion. I'm at the front of the line already, remember I was at the preview! I'm just getting it for the new Tech and to have the option of buying further cars down the road.

· Registered
90 Posts
I'll be honest and say that the speed of the AV is more than enough for a sports car/exotic car. I think the new power levels are just way too high. This is why I haven't picked up a Plaid, the power is just insane. 700 hp on the AV is plenty. Styling will be everything to me.
in my experience/opinion, the SVJ was very advanced compared to the original aventador--more aggressive styling, rear wheel steering (huge), quicker shifts, much smoother while still retaining enough of the SCT to be unique, 10% more horsepower. more horsepower is the last thing i personally am looking for from the replacement (agree with jr mint)--it needs to look/sound significantly better (mine has brilliant exhaust). i hope it meets both those hurdles, but i am apprehensive it will. it is for this reason that i still do not think svj (or s/sv) values will fall off a cliff just because the replacement is shown...especially if msrp is significantly increased as many think it will, and very few people will actually get the car in the next few years (and who is to say this VVIP crowd trades in their current aventadors?)...all subjective thoughts, and just my opinions...

· Premium Member
2022 Arancio Xanto Current
211 Posts
A lot of people didn't like the LP700 when it first came out. Called it too big and bulky looking compared to the Murci.

It takes time to adapt to new Lambos because they're designed to be 10 years ahead of their time.
I agree, I think a lot of people going into the preview had their hopes up to the moon to where the expectations were unrealistic and having the standard set so high that anything short of the car flying at mach 3 speeds and being able to travel into outer space were going to be disappointed. Personally I love everything about it. You're getting so much for your money. The exotic looks of a proper V12 Lambo while teetering on the borderline of hypercar performance, V12 with screeching V12 exhaust, latest tech (courtesy of parent WAG), combining best of both worlds in terms or electric power and ICE engine, DCT, latest engineering in driving dynamics. MORE Carbon than Aventador. The list can go on...

· Registered
5,089 Posts
I agree, I think a lot of people going into the preview had their hopes up to the moon to where the expectations were unrealistic and having the standard set so high that anything short of the car flying at mach 3 speeds and being able to travel into outer space were going to be disappointed. Personally I love everything about it. You're getting so much for your money. The exotic looks of a proper V12 Lambo while teetering on the borderline of hypercar performance, V12 with screeching V12 exhaust, latest tech (courtesy of parent WAG), combining best of both worlds in terms or electric power and ICE engine, DCT, latest engineering in driving dynamics. MORE Carbon than Aventador. The list can go on...
Bingo.

I love my SVJ but it doesn't stand a chance against the AVR. The AVR is a massive step up not only from the A but the entire Lambo lineup in terms of performance and tech.

· Registered
36 Posts
A lot of people didn't like the LP700 when it first came out. Called it too big and bulky looking compared to the Murci.

It takes time to adapt to new Lambos because they're designed to be 10 years ahead of their time.
I think part of it is also the similarities to the other one off lambos like the Sian and Terzo. Those were both shocking when released. But now avid lambo fans are used to the design. This car is gonna blow away 99.99% of people that aren’t familiar with the one offs.

· Registered
588 Posts
7-8 weeks to go, right?
I think someone said that they heard it was going to be shown on the 29th of March?
I'm excited to see the interior details and features as well.

· Registered
5,089 Posts
I think part of it is also the similarities to the other one off lambos like the Sian and Terzo. Those were both shocking when released. But now avid lambo fans are used to the design. This car is gonna blow away 99.99% of people that aren’t familiar with the one offs.
Exactly.

There's a lot of design and aero elements on the AVR which you can't see in pictures and you can only appreciate in person.

· Registered
25 Posts
Exactly.

There's a lot of design and aero elements on the AVR which you can't see in pictures and you can only appreciate in person.
can you at least say that the interior still has that jet fighter unique look on the inside? Like the Aventador and huracan. I don't want it to be similar to McLarens interior. They're nice but boring. Hope the replacement still looks unique on the inside.

· Registered
8 Posts
Super late reply cause I've been busy grinding for a while, but I get the thought here. Couple of points. On both my Ultimae and SVJ, if you push the right lever (windshield wipers) up prior to starting the car, it will remain up without activating the wipers. (this has definitely made a difference for me being 6'4"). When I go back and forth between driving the SVJ and Ultimae, I hate the location of the mirror adjustment controls. On the Ultimae, it's right in the way of my knee, but on the SVJ it's in a different location because of the carbon door panels. Honestly I just deal with it because it's a small problem in an awesome vehicle. But I do believe the days of the levers are probably gone. I didn't pay a ton of attention at the preview, but you will notice in 2015 when the huracan came out, they got rid of the levers. I think they understand that they are clunky and in the way. When I drive my STO, I feel like I have tons more space for my knees and legs in general. I think the AVR will probably be like that as well. Good things to come. Even for the tall folks 😉
Appreciate the tips brotha!

· Registered
5,089 Posts
can you at least say that the interior still has that jet fighter unique look on the inside? Like the Aventador and huracan. I don't want it to be similar to McLarens interior. They're nice but boring. Hope the replacement still looks unique on the inside.
It still is but we didn't see the actual interior, only renders.

3741 - 3760 of 4059 Posts